Pork Steaks!!

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Finally. Okay, so after marinating in Wickers overnight, I patted dry and rubbed with garlic, onion, celery salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, cinnamon, all spice and Italian seasoning.
008_zps2e536cb9.jpg

and then tossed them on the kettle for some indirect and a target temp of 250-275 and added 1 lump of gnarly apple wood
010_zpsdec382f4.jpg

threw on some taters and corn. The corn might be a bit early for this area but it looked good and the wifey really wanted it.
019_zpsc00b47cb.jpg

After 2 hours I sauced one with Pork barrel BBQ and the other with homemade sauce and foiled for 30 min. Then gave them a quick sear to caramelize the sauce
023_zps31f34e8c.jpg

And done!
037_zpsfff5f985.jpg

035_zps7f5c993c.jpg

All I can say is this is a really really cool and tasty cut of meat. Definitely doing this again and again and again...

YaY!
another convert!
A Great Lookin' Dinner Plate Chris!

so.... this means you will NOT be sending me your unused bottles of Wickers...?
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

All these pork steak posts are going to seriously run up the price of this cut:eek:..........now stop it.:mad: By the way, great looking PS's.......................d

Chris - Looks great - all these great pork steak cooks and getting to me...going to have to give this a try in the coming weeks. Bet it was great meal!

Great lookin' meal Chris... AND it looks like there's another hophead in the fold! Haven't tried Racer 5 yet, but I will!

Great looking post and pork steaks Chris...I think you did it up right cause I can smell them cooking from here!!

Back