Pork Steak on the Gasser Best Yet

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Had a rough day, had to take Barb to the eye doctor for an emergency. She lost half of her vision in her right eye. Found out she has a retinal detachment and will need surgery next week. So we got home late.

I was going to do a marinade on a pork steak I had defrosted but time was short so I took the easy way out and used Trader Joes teriyaki marinade instead of mixing up one of my own.
I was able to get almost two hours of marinade time in. Barb cut up some red potatoes and onion and bell pepper and fried them up in the Ci pan we also cooked up some fresh green beans.

Cooked on the gasser to 140 removed and let rest for 10 minutes. This was the first time I used Trader Joes marinade and I was very impressed.
This was probably one of the best pork steak I’ve ever had. The marinade was subtle and didn’t take away from the mild taste of the pork the two were a great combination.

101_7056.JPG

101_7058.JPG

101_7060.JPG

101_7063.JPG

101_7052 (1).JPG

101_7066.JPG

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe

Had a rough day, had to take Barb to the eye doctor for an emergency. She lost half of her vision in her right eye. Found out she has a retinal detachment and will need surgery next week. So we got home late.

I was going to do a marinade on a pork steak I had defrosted but time was short so I took the easy way out and used Trader Joes teriyaki marinade instead of mixing up one of my own.
I was able to get almost two hours of marinade time in. Barb cut up some red potatoes and onion and bell pepper and fried them up in the Ci pan we also cooked up some fresh green beans.

Cooked on the gasser to 140 removed and let rest for 10 minutes. This was the first time I used Trader Joes marinade and I was very impressed.
This was probably one of the best pork steak I’ve ever had. The marinade was subtle and didn’t take away from the mild taste of the pork the two were a great combination.

View attachment 36923

View attachment 36924

View attachment 36925

View attachment 36926

View attachment 36927

View attachment 36928

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe
Looks great!

Added Barb to our prayer list.

Will pray for Barb for sure. Retinal detach, surgery and recovery are all very serious business.

Good looking cook

Best wishes. If a boxer can go with this I am sure Barb will knock this right out. No worries she will be fine. Look forward to the celebration cook.

Pork Steak looks great!! Prayers for Barb! I had a Retinal Detachment & they fixed it & now have 20/20 vision. She Will get thru this & be fine

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers for Barb. Besides for being the love of my life she is a strong lady. She lost her young son Brian many years ago and has beaten cancer and this too she will beat. Again thank you all very much appreciated by both of us.

The whole plate looks great, Rich. Very sorry to hear about Barb - wishing her a speedy recovery.

Just want to let you all know that I took Barb in for her surgery yesterday at 4pm. The doctor who did the surgery comes up from Phoenix on Tuesdays and added Barb to his list for the day at the last minuet so we didn't have to drive the 200+ mile round trip to Phoenix.
I got a call at almost 9pm to come back and get her.
Everything went well and Barb is doing well. The doctor expects her to have a complete recovery,
One hell of a long day for the two of us and especially Barb.
Again thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. They meant a lot to Barb and myself

Back