Playoffs

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
A couple of great games this weekend, and one more to go. We haven't been without our share of controversial calls, but that's all part of the game. My team didn't make it this year, but I'm enjoying the drama anyway.

As a Bears fan I don't have a horse in this race either. But its still a great show!

Sure is a good season Jim. I had a heartbreak today but will continue to watch the Championships and the Superbowl.

This was a GREAT NFL weekend. I can only hope next week and the Super Bowl have as much drama and are as competitive as these 4 games did.

Well, at least 1 of the games yesterday provided the drama. That SeaHawks come-back was so improbable and ridiculous and unexpected! They had no business winning that game, yet they move on to play in the 'big game'. If they play again like they did for 7/8ths of yesterday's game I don't hold out much hope for an exciting Super Bowl though.

Even though they beat my Cowboys I was rooting for Green Bay. They completely blew it. After that interception they went into ultra-conservative mode, running the ball up the middle 3 times and punting. Then they go into prevent defense. As John Madden said,""All a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning." You've got one of the greatest QB's in Aaron Rodgers and you don't trust him to make some down field passes and maybe pickup a few first downs? If they did it was game over. I hate it when teams try to sit on a lead and quit playing like that. Grats to the Seattle fans! You got one handed to you!

Even though they beat my Cowboys I was rooting for Green Bay. They completely blew it. After that interception they went into ultra-conservative mode, running the ball up the middle 3 times and punting. Then they go into prevent defense. As John Madden said,""All a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning." You've got one of the greatest QB's in Aaron Rodgers and you don't trust him to make some down field passes and maybe pickup a few first downs? If they did it was game over. I hate it when teams try to sit on a lead and quit playing like that. Grats to the Seattle fans! You got one handed to you!

How about the late Green Bay INT where the defender slid to the ground instead of trying to advance the ball. YOU NEED points and even if just a few yards you need to inch toward field goal range. I think this is a game Green Bay, players and fans, will not soon forget.

Who is your early super bowl pick? Radio said the early vegas line is a push. Obviously it will move closer to game time but I like Seattle again.

I think Seattle wins. They can't play as bad as they did, but I don't think they will. Of course, New England could pull out some crazy stuff no one's seen. Also depends probably on how healthy Sherman is but I think he will play either way.

How about the late Green Bay INT where the defender slid to the ground instead of trying to advance the ball. YOU NEED points and even if just a few yards you need to inch toward field goal range. I think this is a game Green Bay, players and fans, will not soon forget.

Who is your early super bowl pick? Radio said the early vegas line is a push. Obviously it will move closer to game time but I like Seattle again.
I questioned that play also, looked like a punter or QB move.

As for the SB, deflated balls or not, Brady and crew will be hard to beat. At Seattle maybe a different story. A chance for Brady to tie Bradshaw & Montana with four bowls. Craziness.
With that said......Go Hawks!!!

I am a little old school and still subscribe to the defense wins championships formula. I am not a betting man but if I was I would put it on Seattle. I just hope either way we have a lot better game than last year!

What does one do when they want both teams to lose?
Delay it on the DVR, and fast forward through the game to watch the commercials? :rolleyes:

Back