Pizza Pot Pie

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Saw a video from the Food Network on Facebook about a month ago, saved it and finally gave it a try. I used some different things but the technique is pretty much the same and I saw in the video.

I used Ramekins and Pyrex bowls. I have a nice set of ramekins but my wife "cleaned the garage" and now neither one of us can find anything.

Anyway I sprayed some Pam in the bowls, lined the walls with some sliced Mozzarella cheese and added shredded Mozarela to the bottom. Added slices pepperoni, green olives, and a ladle of sauce. The sauce had a package of Trader Joes hot Italian sausage that I took out of the casings cooked, about a tsp red pepper flakes, med sauteed chopped onion and a jar of Pizza sauce.

Added a couple more slices of pepperoni and topped with pizza dough. Placed on the grill indirect and cooked till the dough was done

Once done let them rest about 5 min, turned them upside down on a plate, ran a knife around the edge and everything just sort of plops out.

This recipe is a keeper, turned out really good if you like deep dish pizza!!!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/s...erm=pizza+pot+pie&form=global&_charset_=UTF-8

John, I'm pretty much dying here while viewing your thread. I tried pizza pot pie at a restaurant in Chicago about ten years ago, and I can't overstate how much it ruled to high heaven. Your photos are bringing back a lot of good memories - the plated photo is very similar to how I remember it being served to me that day. Fantastic post!

Oh man, that's a great idea. Looks like it should be easier to achieve consistency than a full-size deep dish pie on the grill.

WOW!!!! John you nailed that one. That looks fantastic and I'm sure it tasted that way also. I'm also going to be trying that soon.

Oh I'm I going to steal this one! That looks sooo good. Great cook John and remember never ever clean your garage, it becomes the land of the lost. We moved three times in three years which is worse and to this day I'm finding things in the garage I forgot I even had and we've been in this house three years.

Last edited:
Great idea here, John always makes things look easy. Of course I will have to give this a try.

Back