Pizza night

Preston B

TVWBB Fan
Prepped the dough this morning used Flour, water, salt same day recipe like usual with Caputo blue bag but added a little granulated garlic and italian seasoning and only a 500g ball instead of 1000. This is after 2nd fold will divide and fold around 4pm. These are going on the Blackstone. Might throw one on the Summitt just for fun.8AD0AD00-4C54-4044-A96D-690E73C819F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Great Pizzas on the black stone, dough also sounds delish.... now onto the Summit pie....

Decided to go with a breakfast pizza on the Summitt. Ketchup, scrambled eggs, sauted onions, bacon, sausage and colby jack shredded. E406EBCF-BDE8-4F77-BB62-EAFBA55C2DB7.jpeg66D456CD-AFC9-4748-967D-2EB9E5446341.jpeg57CE6486-9B07-4680-829C-0F46C485ABB0.jpegBDD6DEB4-3AE7-4B4D-BF48-00034C724590.jpegHad the woo ring in with the charcoal baskets with stone on top to get up in the dome to cook the top. I let this run about a minute or so too long but still good.

interesting set up you have there, i have the same pizza stone i just use mine resting on the cooking grate but i'm also using a 18in jumbo joe which always runs hot, awesome looking pizza good job. (y)

interesting set up you have there, i have the same pizza stone i just use mine resting on the cooking grate but i'm also using a 18in jumbo joe which always runs hot, awesome looking pizza good job. (y)
I havent done too many pizzas on the Summitt but I learned from kamados when cooking pizzas indirect you want to get the pizzas high in the dome to use the heat from the top to melt the toppings better. I also learned never to use that stone in that holder again it almost ruined this pizza as my peel doesnt fit between the handles and i had half the pizza on and couldnt slide it on any further. Not fun struggling over a 650 degree grill.

Those look so good, going make some pizza on the kettle with the pizza stone tomorrow.
I havent done too many pizzas on the Summitt but I learned from kamados when cooking pizzas indirect you want to get the pizzas high in the dome to use the heat from the top to melt the toppings better. I also learned never to use that stone in that holder again it almost ruined this pizza as my peel doesnt fit between the handles and i had half the pizza on and couldnt slide it on any further. Not fun struggling over a 650 degree grill.
I use the charcoal ring from my 14 WSM to set my pizza stone on when I did pizza in the kettle it works great to get the top done with the bottom. Preston all those pie look amazing.

i guess i got lucky, the pizza peel i have is aluminum and fits the stone perfectly with the rack but i know what you mean that the peel could be an issue i went through the same thing as you when i tried using a wooden peel which was to big, the jumbo joe lid is not as high as other webers so more heat is on top my pizzas cook at 500 to 600 degrees and take less then 5mins check out my posts and you will see what i mean. I always say what works best for you that's what is nice about this site people helping people.

i guess i got lucky, the pizza peel i have is aluminum and fits the stone perfectly with the rack but i know what you mean that the peel could be an issue i went through the same thing as you when i tried using a wooden peel which was to big, the jumbo joe lid is not as high as other webers so more heat is on top my pizzas cook at 500 to 600 degrees and take less then 5mins check out my posts and you will see what i mean. I always say what works best for you that's what is nice about this site people helping people.
Agree with pizza there are so many ways to cook and get amazing results. You running the stone direct on the grate on the jumbo joe? I have one but have never tried pizza in it might give it a go soon.

Man, Preston, those look sensational. Love the leopard spotting on the crusts. I would kill that breakfast pizza. Thanks for the pics!

Back