Pizza and burgers, only a couple of pics....

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
Have my Mom and Sis down from NJ for a few days...did a simple afternoon cook and it turned out great. Set up the kettle for pizza cooking - charcoal assembled in a ring, 16" pizza stone elevated on some fire bricks, lid elevated with angle iron to increase airflow.
IMG_2552_zps6bd0fc9e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Temp was a little lower than I'd like, but it came out great.
IMG_2553_zps73fbc38d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2554_zps73a6b421.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2558_zpsf05f9e37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also made some burgers - 7oz ground chuck, k salt and pepper. Kettle pizza mods out, charcoal "reassembled" and on the grill.
IMG_2555_zpsbcedf93b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Plated with chipotle mayo, red onion and pickles
IMG_2556_zps7feef9c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good day despite the crummy weather.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Nice looking crust on that pie. I like the way the pizza is shaped too --- I personally find pizzas to look more appetizing when their crusts aren't perfectly circular --- just has a nice artisanal handmade-looking quality to it.

Nice looking crust on that pie. I like the way the pizza is shaped too --- I personally find pizzas to look more appetizing when their crusts aren't perfectly circular --- just has a nice artisanal handmade-looking quality to it.

I agree, looks great that way.

Thanks guys - I don't get to cook for my side of family much, so I really enjoyed last few days with my Mom and sister down here.

Jim - Truth be told, I tried and the ones that fell off were eaten up pre photo!

Back