Pit Beef

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Took about a 3 lb sirloin tip roast and seasoned it with Montreal Steak seasoning and back in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Cooked up some corn and then placed the roast on direct over a med hot fire.

Cooked the roast direct the whole time, turning it every couple of minutes till it reached an internal temp of 120.

Broke out the meat slicer

My plate. Beef on a hamburger bun, with mayo, horseradish, onion and Habanero slice cheese.

That looks pretty fantastic. What would you say the grill temp was? About how long did it take to cook up?

I want to do that this coming week now. I didn't realize it, but it is exactly what I have been craving.

folks say I eet like royalty... I think you gots me beats John Solak! You're one hellova Cook buddy!!
been YEARS since I did anything with a sirloin tip roast... things will change John, Thanks man! :cool:

Wow, that beef coupled with horseradish and habanero cheese is over the top. I just had a half pound hamburger for lunch and I am hungry again! Nice job John.

That looks pretty fantastic. What would you say the grill temp was? About how long did it take to cook up?

I want to do that this coming week now. I didn't realize it, but it is exactly what I have been craving.

Grill was running around 300 degrees, I kept the lid on as much as I could to keep the grill temp from spiking. I took the meat right from the fridge and put on the grill and it took around 45 minutes. Flip often and make sure you don't overcook it.

Back