pirogue´s

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Had some leftover taco meat/sides...So everything went in to a pan. Made a fast simple dough,and the rest is history.

Here we go:

A common/simple/fast dough. Works for a panic pizza or even pirogues. The best one = Not even close. But it works. After 1h rise,flatten it and cut out some round ones.(i stamped em with a lid of a whatever can)

Added some fried ground : Pork/beef,onion,olives,corn with a healthy dose of a bought Taco seassoning.

Flip em over and seal with a fork. Easy right....Well you have to do this untill your brain screams STOP IT! Happy news you only have 2/3´s to go! Thats why they tend to get more uneven the longer you go.

Ok time to hit the grill. Indirect ofc. Temp around 450-500f. Time around 12-17min.
First nothing added:

Second Brushed with an eggwash:

Third egg+grated cheese.

Bottom color:

Plated 1 of each

Taste report:

Thanks 4 your time ppl!

That's interesting Wolgast. I've never grilled my pirohy. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

What a great idea for leftovers, Daniel! Looks like it was kid approved.:) Thanks for sharing.

YES ! =) my wife make those sometimes.
Those look great !
Soooo which one of the two boys is you ?

Peter

Outstanding post, start to finish DW!

Way too ambitious of a cook for me to make, but you can make them for us when we visit, right after we win the lottery.:rolleyes:
Tell Oscar and Oliver to slow down, they're growing up too fast!
Pass the hugs!

Tell Oscar and Oliver to slow down, they're growing up too fast!
DITTO!
Where's the photo of your beautiful / LOVELY Emilie?! :cool:

Yeah, those little pizza-thingies look Terrific! I'd eet a halfDozen!

Back