Picnic with my wife and the Smokey Joe Premium

WB Zipf

TVWBB Pro
Yesterday my wife and I took advantage of the 70f weather here in Delaware and had a nice picnic. I had just purchased a SJP for such an occasion and fired it up for the first time.

Put an avocado on the grill to bake. I followed the Weber recipe from a couple of weeks ago, sans onions, peppers, and cheese. I tried the full recipe and didn't care for the extras.

IMG_0155_zpsk609oqmt.jpg

When we picked up the seafood, I saw this crab dip stuffed portobello and had to add it.

IMG_0157_zpseh3b3onc.jpg

After cooking the portobello and the avocados for 25 minutes at 325-350f, I removed the mushroom, slid the avocado off of the direct heat, and started cooking the seafood. I should note that I marinaded the seafood (shrimp and scallops) in an EVOO, lime juice, garlic, and S&P mixture.

IMG_0146_zpsca0hymtc.jpg

IMG_0161_zps03jbnwkp.jpg

Here is the finished result.

caf927cc-d50d-45bc-9041-6c17ac230bd3_zpsimkr2mgh.jpg

We added a bottle of San Margarita Pinot Grigio, and it was a wonderful picnic with my wife.

Thanks for looking.

Great idea and great looking food. Yesterday was so nice. Now its in the 30's. :(

That is one very nice picnic! You did an awesome job and everything looks delicious.

What a fun meal to cook at a picnic. It looks very tasty. I'm going to have to rethink my hot dog picnics!:)

Back