Picked up one of the new Travelers

The grill is permanently built into the cart and folds up just like a dolly. So, it wheels around very easy. Has a piston on the cart to, so you can just pull the lever under the side table and it will fold down on it's own slowly.

The grill is permanently built into the cart and folds up just like a dolly. So, it wheels around very easy. Has a piston on the cart to, so you can just pull the lever under the side table and it will fold down on it's own slowly.
Did you compare it to the Napoleon Travel Cart which is much more expensive?

Not really, looked at it online, but with few napoleon dealers around here, I didn’t think very hard about it other than dual burners would have been nice.
Thanx for the Reply as the Napoleon Brand is very popular here in Costa Rica.

However, I have seen some posts that down-the-road it is difficult to get replacement parts?? I am a long-time Weber user because they back-up their product and easy to contact their Customer Service even from Costa Rica.

Thanx for the Reply as the Napoleon Brand is very popular here in Costa Rica.

However, I have seen some posts that down-the-road it is difficult to get replacement parts?? I am a long-time Weber user because they back-up their product and easy to contact their Customer Service even from Costa Rica.

That's something I've read about Napoleon too. And with limited local dealers, I didn't want the headache if there were problems. Overall, I don't hear a lot of complaints about the actual Napoleon grills themselves though. They have some nice features, especially in their bigger gassers.

Lots of 20 year old kettles roaming around out there.
My performer is 14 years old except for some rash around the edge of the lid no reason it won't last another 10 years I do keep it covered. Funny thing is we were discussing the traveler in Feb in a Weber says something big is coming thread. If I was in the market for a portable the fact its not all aluminum like a Q would not deter me at all from buying this and beauty is in the eye of the beholder not trying to offend anyone with a Q but this thing has more cooking space and to my eye is way more attractive, the price is certainly more than reasonable for what you are getting.

As Shane said and I am 67 so I agree: "Personally, I’ll take cooking space, convenience and functionality over lasting forever for $300"

Thought I'd share a couple pics here showing size and heat distribution. The GrillGrates are from my Q1000. I'm not heavily focused on learning all the ins and outs of the traveler right now, so haven't studied things like accurate temp ranges and such. I just wanted a quick visual reference for hot/cool spots.

One interesting tidbit, I've been running with an adapter hose connected to a 20lb tank. I usually shut off the grill by closing the tank and letting it burn out out (like I think most people do with gas grills). It takes a good while for the grill to extinguish, like at least 30 seconds, maybe over a minute. My Genesis and Spirits went out within a few seconds, so seems pretty efficient on fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4059.jpeg
    IMG_4059.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the stand is sturdy. I love my Q but the folding stand is a disappointment.

Does it come with the heating bars?

One thing I didn't like about the Q was the exposed gas tube; exposed to drips and spills.

I'm looking for something a little bit bigger than my go anywhere gas grill.

Was able to get up and personal with the Traveler at Ace in Orangevale, CA yesterday.
1. Portability: while flat you hold on one end and the large wheels on the other end do all the work. It's balanced and not heavy. This WILL take up space in your car trunk. It was folded on the floor and took a minute to understand how to raise it:
unlatch a red hook in the front
slide red tabs on the handle to pivot handle to the ground
step on the red portion of the handle for leverage, reach under near that red foot pad and pull a mechanism
stand up/pull up so the scissor cart moves to upright smoothly with the provided rear piston.
That is a mouthful because all that has to be done to get it upright. I'm 6' tall and feel this is a bit short, but I like to have my grill surfaces 3 feet high.
2. Grill space: I have a Q220 and this is wider and has more cooking area. I like that it has a split grates, I believe the Q2200 have split grates
3. Burner tube: same style as the Q1xxx and Q2xxx series with one rounded rectangular tube with no shield. The biggest flaw in the Q series for me is having grease spill/clog the burner tube.
4. Quality: I believe this will last a while, but the lid feels flimsy with 10 nuts holding a shiny exterior trim on the lid (is the trim really needed?). The lid feels lower than my Q220, but I've never cooked any tall food. The lid fits snugly so there is no cross venting like the Q-series. You can see in my picture there are 4 metal tabs on the lid that ensure the grate doesn't rattle while transporting. The lid is connected to the body with two hinges with cotter pins like the Q series. I'm a bit worried of the longevity of these hinges and the flimsy lid. I like the material of the Q series lid and the hinge system.
5. Propane: I couldn't tell how smaller tanks are held in place, larger tanks can sit on the floor on the right side.
6: Drip tray: uses the same as the Q Series and the gas grills. Forgot to check the slope of the bottom, but I think it is shallower than the Q series
You can see Ace has it for $325, which is a good price. This would be great if you have space for tailgating or RV camping: perfect for at the house and can be stored away when not in use. I didn't weigh it, but I'd say 50-60 lbs?

Attachments

• 20210612_110917.jpg
    20210612_110917.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 33
Shane: Still happy with your Weber Traveler as they have not arrived as yet here in Costa Rica? One of our Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealerships informed me they should be arriving here in August 2021.

Last edited:
Still very happy with it, been using it several times this week actually. I usually choose pellets or charcoal over gas, but I have been very pleased every time I’ve used it. I’ve had no problems with flare ups in comparison to other gassers I’ve used. My in-laws hauled it up to the cabin we’re staying at with them, so I was without it for 3-4 weeks and missed it.

Attachments

• 4990F701-B4CD-46C9-B1ED-0539E0261B79.jpeg
    4990F701-B4CD-46C9-B1ED-0539E0261B79.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 30
Still very happy with it, been using it several times this week actually. I usually choose pellets or charcoal over gas, but I have been very pleased every time I’ve used it. I’ve had no problems with flare ups in comparison to other gassers I’ve used. My in-laws hauled it up to the cabin we’re staying at with them, so I was without it for 3-4 weeks and missed it.
Shane: Thanx for the reply and I was Just contacted by another Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership that they now have the Weber Traveler in-stock for a net price of $470.00.

Last edited:
I believe the original price was $299, Weber just had the price increase across the board. Now the current price is $325.

Back