Pepper Stout Beef...My first ever

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I saw Mike Coffman do this last week and I just had to try it.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?40104-My-Variation-of-Pepper-Stout-Beef

It started with a 4 pound chuck. Seasoned with salt and pepper and then added webers seasoning called smokey mesquite. Got the WSM going and smoked @ 250 with 4 hickory chunks....

1365453531.jpg

1365453534.jpg

Got a bag of frozen bell pepper strips, 4 jalapenos sliced, 6 garlic cloves, 2 large onions, added 1/4 cup of wosterchire, and 1 corona. ( I forgot the guiness)

1365453536.jpg

When Temp hit 165 I added to the bed of veggies and wrapped tightly with foil.

1365453542.jpg

We got a little hungry and my wife went to the store to buy ingridients to make ABTs..

1365453547.jpg

1365453579.jpg

1365453582.jpg

I checked it at 195 but still not ready pull/shred...
1365453588.jpg

@ 205 it was perfect and pulled with no resistence.

1365453594.jpg

Plated pic..This took me about 7 hours 30 minutes and it was good. Was the best I had since I have nothing to compare with. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed since I want to perfect this dish. The kids loved it and my wife loved it.
1365453600.jpg

Last edited:
You Did It Tony! Looks AWESOME!
Yeah, it takes a looong time, butt it's worth every slooooow minute!

Looks great tony! I made this once and plan on doing it my next cook... I love me some PSB... I asked the ? A lil while ago and responses was it freezes well ... Separate the juice and freeze juices in ice cube trays.... Maybe soba double batch next time around

Tony, you nailed it! Wednesday is our 37th anniversary and I'm trying to decide between PSB and some shops with a balsamic glaze. Nancy likes both. The ABT's are a nice touch and may I suggest some horseradish too. :)

Nice work Tony ...u did it up right!! I'm coming to your house next time I'm down in SoCal!!

Sweet!

Plated pic..This took me about 7 hours 30 minutes and it was good. Was the best I had since I have nothing to compare with. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed since I want to perfect this dish. The kids loved it and my wife loved it.
1365453600.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It sure looks good to me...and if Mirabel and the kids love it, it's all good!

Outstanding looking PSB!! I wish I could take credit for inspiring you to make this great dish but you have me mistaken with someone else, I haven't made this in quite some time.

Great looking PSB Tony! And the ABTs look really good too. I wonder what the difference in taste would be with the Corona compared to the Guiness.

Back