Pecan Smoke for Beef Ribs on the Kettle.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hello friends!
Thursday's late afternoon, I set-up the ol' 3-wheeler Weber kettle for its first BEEF rib smoke.
The ribs were marinated over night in Stubb's Beef Marinade. Brought out of the fridge about an hour to come to room temps.
One half chimney was lit then dumped into its portion of the 3-wheeler and a few smaller pieces of pecan was added for smokin' flavour. This photo was taken after approx 1 hour...
DSCN2349.jpg

Most likely the largest half racks of beef ribs I'm gonna eet
icon_biggrin.gif
these are...
The foiled pan under the ribs will catch all the fat these mamas drip out (ezCleanUp, i'm hungry, not dumb
smiley-think005.gif
)
The three hour, 20 minute cook used pretty consistent temps around 300'F to 350'F...
Almost ready:

DSCN2350.jpg

While those were cruisin' to the finish line, I fired up another Weber to grill up some Yukons and Vidalias... then cut thin and grilled seasoned with EVOO, pepper and Kosher, a little bit of broccoli.

DSCN2354.jpg

When everything was ready, we sliced up the BigBeefy ribs and piled 'em high...

DSCN2357.jpg

Great pecan smoky flavour along with CB Stubblefield Marinade, the beef was juicy and quite tasty... this plate was cleaned lickity-split!
DSCN2359.jpg

Thank you for viewing, stay dry
icon_wink.gif

Nice Jim.

I love that first monster bite of a beef rib. Tear into it like a starving caveman.

Great as always.

Fine looking cook Jim!
Sure would like one or two or three of those man-sized fellas!

Timely post, since I'm going to check out a meat shop in Waterloo, IL today for tri-tips, and now for beef ribs too!
Yea, Costco is still on my poop list!

Good stuff Jim.

Hey, those Vidalias look like broccoli. Where do you get Vidalias that look like that?
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
While those were cruisin' to the finish line, I fired up another Weber to grill up some...
I love it when cooks need more than one kettle.

Another fantastic meal there, Jim. Never thought of doing broccoli on the grill. Have to add that to the to do list. Looks great!!

Thanks guy, cookin' up those bigOl' beef ribs sure are fun 'specially when they're ready to eet!
icon_biggrin.gif

Beautiful work Jim. But only two little peppers to go with all those ribs? Have a great weekend buddy.

Looks great there Jim!

Yes I'm trying to stay dry but living in the midwest lately it's been tough.

The peppers were aps Gary
icon_cool.gif

Mildo, absolutely not
icon_razz.gif

Sure beats dealing with the storms in the FLA Keys Jeff
smiley-character00203.gif

those look great I just had some beef ribs tonight. I used cherry, oak and maple. I was looking at the pecan but have only used it for smoking andouille. mine were a little greasy think I might use higher temp next time temp was 250 or so at lid for about 6 hours. really moist tender without being to tender just the fat didn't break down as well as I would have liked otherwise great.

Back