Outdoor Table/Cabinet recommendations?

BillSmith

TVWBB Pro
Anyone have a recommendation for an outdoor table/cabinet? I'm interested in this one from Keter that has a stainless top and some sort of resin for the rest of the body. It has water proof storage area below the top. It's about $200 now but the price fluctuates.

61MwYmEz1CL._AC_SL1494_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01HJATY32/tvwb-20

That would be nice for a prep or serving station but I don’t think i would want to get a hot grill too close. I like it for the water resistant feature. Surely though it is NOT waterproof.
Might be good as a Weber Q rack! Maybe a Smokey Joe?

Last edited:
I think it's be ok. I've a got the Suncast all plastic one that has worked well. It keeps the rain out fine, but you can't set a hot lid on it. I also got my Weber kettle too close to one of the swing up side tables and melted it.

I have seen a chair start a fire. The heat slowly weakened the material. Then leaned closer to the grill. Nearly exploded. Not quite, but it really went up.

Its a nice looking piece. Fire/melting concerns are legitimate although if its a stainless top why cant you put a hot lid on it?

Not saying you couldn’t, just keep a reasonable distance between hot grill and body of the unit. The SS top will be useful.

Anyone have a recommendation for an outdoor table/cabinet? I'm interested in this one from Keter that has a stainless top and some sort of resin for the rest of the body. It has water proof storage area below the top. It's about $200 now but the price fluctuates.

61MwYmEz1CL._AC_SL1494_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01HJATY32/tvwb-20
I have one I purchased from Sam's Wholesale Club for $149.00 last year. Works good for prep and storage. Items inside stay dry and mice and chipmunks have not been able to get in. Mine is on uncovered patio and has not discolored in the heat and humidity of a Alabama summer. I agree with the others, would keep away from hot grills.

The stainless top at 35.5" is a plus. Obviously, you don't want it right up against the fire if it's plastic. That said, I think it's a nice piece at a decent price. I use a stainless table on wheels with two shelves below. I've had it outside for 6 or more years and it still cleans up nicely. I think it was around $200 or so on Amazon -- but that was a while ago.

It fits our needs nicely

Cook_station by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr

Jeff, that’s exactly what I have been watching for at every garage sale, yard sale and any going out of business sale I see!
I missed out on a five foot table like that a couple of years ago, a friend got it (for free) so, it has a good home.
But, it should have been mine!

Look into Auctions in your area as right now alot of going out of business ones you can pick up some fair deals on stainless prep tables.
Strong easy to clean .

I passed on a green 26” when a hardware store I’d shopped since I was 8 years old because I didn’t want to feel like a bone picking vulture. The hard part for me to swallow is that the guy that was “lurking” was just a guy managing the “going out of business sale”!
I may watch for some specific things but, given the number of places forced out of business I still feel like a friggin jackal looking for carrion!

I have 2 x smaller versions of the Keter model above pushed together to provide a larger surface. They really are excellent pieces of kit. One of the biggest selling points is that all 4 feet are adjustable to provide a truly flat, stable surface. As mentioned above the surfaces do not discolour even after being out in the elements. Doors are lockable with a padlock so will prevent the wind opening them though not perhaps the most determined burglar! The stainless steel tops are supported on each corner by the resin frame but there is no plastic directly underneath. I have sided my Go Anywhere mounted on top with no issues at all. The Smokey Joe was slightly too close though and the steel did warm up but not enough to cause and issue for the resin.

I use mine to store my trays, lighter cubes, food gloves, smoke and probes, rotisserie engine and forks etc in one. In the other one I store my GBS accessories. If, like me, you have surplus tongs, brushes etc that will not fit on your grills hooks, the larger Keter model comes with 8 hooks and a beer opener! These provide excellent extra hanging space. There is also space under the lid where I put my grill covers in when not in use.

Mine are about 5 foot from my grills and I have had no issues at all.

Keep an eye out on Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace. With this virus stuff going on a lot of restuarants are going to be going out of business (unfortunately) and they will be selling their nice full SS prep tables. I've noticed a few already in my area.

Back