Outboarding the propane tank on a 2016 Genesis E330

So was this grill NG and you converted the manifold and burners to Propane?
It was originally NG.

I replaced orifices, not the manifold.

The best way is to replace the manifold, but this spring I could not find one in stock except on ebay for almost $200. So, I just replaced orifices for $40.

Burners are the same for NG and LP.

I'm told the valves may be different yet this works well for me.

I did want to ask - how'd you get a "left hand" tank scale that has the tank level so it faces forward? Mine is currently backwards because it is designed to have the tank to the left of it...

I did want to ask - how'd you get a "left hand" tank scale that has the tank level so it faces forward? Mine is currently backwards because it is designed to have the tank to the left of it...
The scale for the 2012 to 2016 is mounted inside so the label comes that way

Weber 88214 is the part number

edit: @JohnS FL I misunderstood your question. when you moved your previous scale from the inside to the right, that was an 88214 scale.

The scale I have on my right came from a 2002 genesis silver, and I think the part number is 99243

Last edited:
To mount the 99243 is it sufficient to drill some holes in the sheet metal or is more reinforcement required? Thanks.

To mount the 99243 is it sufficient to drill some holes in the sheet metal or is more reinforcement required? Thanks.
I just drilled holes on the left in the same location as the right.

Right side original holes.
20220108_102921.jpg

Left side.

20220108_103443.jpg

I thought about reinforcing the newly drilled holes, but the factory holes are not reinforced. It would be easy to do, but I'm not seeing a need.

The tank rubs against the panel so it isn't free swinging.

20220108_114139.jpg

I thought about reinforcing the newly drilled holes, but the factory holes are not reinforced. It would be easy to do, but I'm not seeing a need.

The tank rubs against the panel so it isn't free swinging.

View attachment 43002
Now you just need these guys:

(That was the cheapest version I could find when taking shipping into account...)

Looks like it was always supposed to be there. Nice job!

I saw a picture of an E-330 in Australia and the tank was mounted on the outside. I looked up the schematic and clearly the AU version of the E330 LP came stock with the tank mounted on the outside. The bottom shelf and the back panel look like US versions for NG.

1699555706843.png

Cool that you posted this, in light of the discussion we have going in another thread about drip trays.

I am wresting with doing this on my bogged down 310 project, where the drip tray heat shield is corroded pretty badly. I am toying with doing my best to clamp it back on (much of the edge is corroded off) or tearing it off completely and doing what you show here. An external mount eliminates the whole issue of the excess heat under the tray. On the other hand, to many prospective buyers, the concealment of the tank inside is a big plus. I guess I could spring for a Weber tank cover to make it more palatable!

EDIT: I wonder if Australia does not allow the tank inside - or at least that close to the drip tray?

Last edited:
@Jon Tofte

The look is cleaner with the tank inside, however, with the tank on the outside:
  1. it is much easier to open and close the tank as you can just reach the valve
  2. it is much easier to schlep the tank onto the hanger
  3. I have not once burned the back of my hand on the heat shield s
  4. added storage space is a bonus
market it that way and charge more :D

Back