Outboarding the propane tank on a 2016 Genesis E330

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
My E330 was converted from NG to LP.

I've been putting off cutting a hole in the floor so the propane tank would mount properly on the tank hanger / scale.

When I saw @JohnS FL restore his 2009 E310 and relocate the tank outboard on the RH side, I decided to move the tank outside on my E330.

Works great. I gain storage space inside and I plan to add a spare tank holder on the left hand side.

20211223_161217.jpg

I moved the mount for the hardline to the outside.

20211223_161134.jpg

Last edited:
I like being able to easily turn the tank off, without having to reach under the hot grill and getting the tank on and off the hanger is much easier.

I like it. Interestingly, it is the first E3XX grill that I have seen where the tank was moved outside. I know it isn't hard to do, but I had not seen a photo of one until now.

Looks great.

That solves the balance problem. Wonder if the castors will hold up. I just changed my inside tank today. Sure makes me want to do this. Certainly was easier on the Silver B cart style. Would not be as hard if the control panel did not overhang.

I don't' think one tank has a balance problem. When I moved the one to the RH side it was full and I lifted the LH side table and it was heavy and not going anywhere.

We'll have to see how the castors ( or is it casters ?) do. The patio is exposed aggregate so its not very smooth rolling things around to start with.

Last edited:
Yes that could be done, but I just don't think the cost or hassle would make it worth while.

I really like the tank on the outside Dan! Excellent Job!!! The tank cover gives it that extra pop.

Last edited:
Great Idea Dan. My E320 is NG so no tank and that cabinet space underneath sure is handy to have.

Last edited:

Back