Our Game Day Food

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I was a complete slug on Sunday. Stuffed my face and watched the Conference Championship games all day long. I did manage to get my grill time in however. Threw together some ABT's and some party wings in the am and did a nice pot roast in the evening. Here's a few pictures.

First the snacks.

I tell you, the Vortex is amazing. My ABT's have always taken at least an hour on the grill. My plan was to give the peppers a half hour jump and then put the wings on for the last half hour. Pulled the lid to do so and the peppers were done. Screaming hot and ready to eat.

enhance

enhance

Followed up with the wings.

enhance

enhance

Picked up this little 2 lb. boneless chuck roast last week.

enhance

Softened up some sliced onions. Threw in some dried shiitake mushrooms. They're not burned, just dark out of the box.

enhance

Got the browned roast going.

enhance

enhance

Some veggies.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Plated and ready to eat.

enhance

Boy, this tasted good. Perfect meal for a cold, rainy night. The pot roast took around 3 hours and was fork tender. We had a great weekend and sure hope you did too. Thanks for looking.

Tasty Treats and great looking meal! I should have come to your football party!

Great looking food as always Cliff. I have used the Vortex for ABT's before, you have to keep an eye on them. The Vortex can make an awesome bacon grease fire, ask me how I know.

Those wings and ABTs look fantastic as does that pot roast Cliff. I really like my vortexes for grilling chicken, wings are ridiculously expensive here so I mostly do thighs. The vortex works great for kettle fried chicken also.

Cliff, everything is over the top. Just send a full plate of everything this way. That sure was a great way to watch a day of football.

Back