Otto wild grill

They have tables, Bobby, they are extra......It looks like they developed their grill as a modular "platform". There are more options, but I just grabbed a screenshot below. I'm with ya, though, at those prices, I'd think that at least some sort of side tables would be included.

The grills themselves look really nice.....wish I knew someone who had one so I could check one out. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 5.33.01 AM.png

They have tables, Bobby, they are extra......It looks like they developed their grill as a modular "platform". There are more options, but I just grabbed a screenshot below. I'm with ya, though, at those prices, I'd think that at least some sort of side tables would be included.

The grills themselves look really nice.....wish I knew someone who had one so I could check one out. :)

View attachment 24903
yeah so im like 3K all in for tables and grill lol

Even if I had that kind of money to spend on a grill, I don't think that would be it. I have never heard of that outfit. What kind of reputation do they have in the grill business?

Even if I had that kind of money to spend on a grill, I don't think that would be it. I have never heard of that outfit. What kind of reputation do they have in the grill business?
They're known for their steak broiler which is great, but yeah never knew they were getting into grills.

While speaking of other mfrs, what do you guys think of Solaire with the infrared? One of my biking buddy's with more money than God, has one of these things that's about the size of a 6 burner Summit and dropped some serious dough - I think he said around $10K delivered with all of the goodies.

I thought the thing grilled very nicely, with little if any flair ups. That was shocking with around 25 ribeyes on at the same time. Got hotter than chit. I'm not sure I would drop that much dime even if I had the money, but I was mighty impressed how well that cooked. Even with the new 435, with more than 5 or 6 ribeyes, even strategically placed, flair ups is a never ending battle.

I guess there is a difference between a $1,000 Weber and a $10,000 luxury grill - and well there should be. I am not familiar with Solaire beyond the name. What did the burners look like? I did a restoration of a TEC infrared once. It had a special glass shield above the infrared burners and below the grates. Anything that fell on the glass was vaporized instantly. It was an interesting grill, but the results weren’t enough to impress me to keep it. Turned out to be my most profitable flip.

Side curiosity note: The TEC grill company in South Carolina is how the Rec Tec pellet grill company got in trouble on their name and had to change to “Recteq.”

I really can't say how it was configured exactly. The entire area under the grates glowed orange and it was hotter than chit. I actually wondered why the grates didn't warp, but I guess that's why they are V shaped with the legs up? I really don't know.

I really can't say how it was configured exactly. The entire area under the grates glowed orange and it was hotter than chit. I actually wondered why the grates didn't warp, but I guess that's why they are V shaped with the legs up? I really don't know.
The v shaped grids catch the meat juices and channel them away from the flame to minimize flare ups.

Yeah, the TEC grill I mentioned had those as well. Although the TEC could make some nice crust, I did NOT like the grill marks that resulted when using the grate that way!

Steaks on the TEC with double sear marks.jpeg

Well there you go, that makes sense. I guess I should try flipping the ones on my 4000, which are essentially the same but upside down.

Back