OTS being sent to the minor leagues

Ken Chapman

TVWBB Fan
I started this cook off like any other, standing in front of the fridge, trying to figure out what sounded good for dinner. After a beer or two I settled on some leg quarters and a breast for the wife. I whipped up a quick marinade, threw the chicken in a bowl and set off to start the coals. As I opened the back door I was quickly reminded of the 100+ degree heat here in Northern California. I got the coals started and headed back in to prep the rest of the meal. I also decided since it was so hot I was not going to heat up the house by cooking inside. So, everything was to be done on the grill. :cool:

I have a co-worker that was telling me about grilling tomatoes and since I just pulled a few out of the garden I thought it would be a good time to try it out.

I got the chicken on and sliced up a tomato and here we are

after another beer I had the brilliant idea to put some of the smoked mozzarella, I made over the winter, on the tomatoes.

I then toasted some sour dough and chopped up a little basil for the appetizer.

then I threw on the stuffed peppers, cooked up some veggies and dinner was served.

Sorry there are no pictures of the plated food but between the kids and the wife I was lucky to eat what I did. If I took time to get pics all the food would have been gone.

I just recently picked up a Performer which I'm sure will be my main grill for now on. So, this will be the last everyday cook for this grill. My plan is to have this OTS to be a dedicated pizza oven. I'll be sure to post pics once I start turning out the pies.

Thanks for looking and happy grilling

Nice cook, really like the appetizer looks good! I had an OTS and when I got my performer the OTS was never used again, so I sold it. Big mistake as I'm looking for one now to do what you're going to do a pizza grill.

Chicken looks good and your sides/ appetizers are amazing!!! When I got my Performer my my OTG became my portable camping grill and stays in our trailer.

Very cool grillin Ken!
Welcome to the forum! 'Specially this photo gal stop... Great looking snap shots you took!!

i was talking to some dude at work... His family bought him a Performer for dad's day...
Looked at his older Weber OTS... Decided he wasn't gonna need it no longer...
loaded it into his MINIVAN, drove to the DUMP and threw the thing AWAY!
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with it but a dent or scratch or rusty grates ...
and the SOB tosses it away in a compactor!

of ALL the ignoramus idiotic brain dead stunts to do...
he could NOT believe someone else would want it or even BUY it from him.
Yeah, he's quite the moron.

Anyway welcome again and happy grillin'!

Congrats on the new Performer, you're gonna love it. Great looking cook on the OTS, thanks for sharing!

Nicely done, but what does OTS stand for, I realize that's a 22" kettle, just don't know how you get OTS?

Great meal Ken. I'm still cooking on my OTS. In fact I have three of them. Someday I will get a performer. Your food looks wonderful. Nice job!

Back