Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

I recently did these and this recipe is great! The sauce is AWESOME! I do have to say that I wasn't very happy with mine but I believe that was due to operator error. I wasn't very happy with my chicken skin. It was bite through crispy but it seemed rubbery to me. I will definitely try this recipe again but will have to work on a few things to try to get the skin to where I am happy with it.

Wow!! today was my frist crack after finally getting on the bandwagon to help Larry as I had a little extra cash around!!

The Wolfe Citrus Rub is really good, loved it on the wings (didnt dip a few in sauce to get a better feel for it)

This will be the recipe of choice for the upcoming NCAA Tourney when friends come over. May try it again this week with some raspberry marmalade.

Also the heat on this wasn't as hot as I was expecting so I might kick up the cayenne in the rub and possibly use a bit more Siracha Sauce in the glaze.

Simply wonderful. Thanks Larry, you have a real gift and its awesome that you've shared it.

Tom.
Where are your photos?
c'mon man!
Photos Man!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't want to take up alot of bandwith with pic's that looked alot like Larry's original ones. Don't get me wrong they were great, and beautiful but nothing we havent seen many times on this thread.

I made a batch of these wings last night, and they were amazing! Instead of using orange marmalade, I switched it up and used a jar of apricot pineapple preserves. The flavor was not as bright as the original recipe's.

Here are pictures and videos of my cook: Apricot Pineapple Sriracha Wings

W0W Mike! Nice presentation! Like a short documentary/docudrama...
And your wings look spectacular!
Thanks for sharing, now I'm reel Hungry!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I made up a batch of something similar the other day and was pretty happy with them. I used a basic bbq rub, smoked them at 350 for a while, then tossed them with the sauce recipe posted here.

I strained off the orange peel before saucing the chicken, and I'm curious if doing so changed the intended flavor profile. Has anyone else done this, or do you just leave it in and end up with bits of orange peel on the wings?

Well, I ended up straining the sauce again. I tasted the peel and it was a tad bitter, so I didn't think that would work with what I was trying to do. I'm doing a wing contest this weekend as a sidebar to a KCBS contest and didn't have a wing recipe, so I thought I'd give this a shot. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tried the orange marmalade and sirachi wings last night, OMG it was great! Will definitely do again. Am thinking about using the sauce on ribs. What do you think

Originally posted by Steve Goodwin:
Tried the orange marmalade and sirachi wings last night, OMG it was great! Will definitely do again. Am thinking about using the sauce on ribs. What do you think

Very good on pork!! Go for it!

I Finally tried this recipe on Friday for a Grad party for my woman, She finally got her AA degree..
Awesome, just awesome, big hit with everybody.
Thanks for the recipe Larry, First try with your rub as well!...
As I ate an ordinary Pork Chop dinner tonight, the thought crossed my mind "Orange Sriracha Pork Chops"

Larry and all,

I have scoured this thread and can't locate the rub recipe...the links that are cited are dead.

Will someone share the rub recipe?

Thanks much.
Dave

Originally posted by D Brewer:
Larry and all,

I have scoured this thread and can't locate the rub recipe...the links that are cited are dead.

Will someone share the rub recipe?

Thanks much.
Dave

Dave, there used to be a thread on the message boards where you could learn how to obtain his rub recipes. I can't find it anymore but if you click on this link you can find what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Wolfe Rub Recipes

Wow these wings look great I have to do theses asap ! Gotta go get the hot sauce tommrow gona be in the 90's here might as well heat it up some more
icon_smile.gif

Guy, I have done Larry's wing recipe 3 times now !... they were great 2 out of the three times!... the one time they were not great, they were still good. I would recommend that you stick with a name brand Marmalaid, the one time I did them using generic store brand cheap marmalade, the marmalade tasted Bitter!, and it was reflected in the finished wings. Stick with the recipe otherwise, just use good marmalade and you will not be dissapointed!

Back