Onlyfire Stainless GBS Grate

LeeHarvey

TVWBB Pro
Perusing the Amazon yesterday, I found something interesting. It looks like Onlyfire has finally jumped into the game and started producing a stainless GBS replacement grate.

I’m guessing that it’s currently at some kind of introductory price, since it’s presently only four bucks more than their plated GBS grate, and cheaper than their stainless non-GBS grate.

I’ve always been satisfied with the quality of Onlyfire’s stuff. They don’t advertise their material as being 304, but it’s non-magnetic and doesn’t corrode, so it’s obviously austenitic stainless of some description. I jumped in and bought two of the grates - FOMO is a hell of a drug. I won’t get to use them for a couple of weeks, but I figured I’d post my find in the meantime.

Perusing the Amazon yesterday, I found something interesting. It looks like Onlyfire has finally jumped into the game and started producing a stainless GBS replacement grate.

I’m guessing that it’s currently at some kind of introductory price, since it’s presently only four bucks more than their plated GBS grate, and cheaper than their stainless non-GBS grate.

I’ve always been satisfied with the quality of Onlyfire’s stuff. They don’t advertise their material as being 304, but it’s non-magnetic and doesn’t corrode, so it’s obviously austenitic stainless of some description. I jumped in and bought two of the grates - FOMO is a hell of a drug. I won’t get to use them for a couple of weeks, but I figured I’d post my find in the meantime.
That Hunsaker SS Gourmet Grate for the Weber Kettle 22" looks tempting for $100.

I'll take this opportunity to selfishly promote my own project. As part of the Build Your Own Master-Touch program on Weber.com, you can now add a Stainless Steel GBS Cooking Grate to your grill as part of the build program. Or, if you already have a 22" Kettle and just want a SS GBS grate, you can reach out to our call center at 1-800-446-1071 and ask for part # 65057, $82.04. Currently, the SS GBS grate is only available separate from the Build Your Own program through the call center. #IworkforWeber

Do you have any insight as to why the stainless GBS grate has periodically been available in Europe, but not here?
Mostly regional demand and the willingness of the local consumer to pay the upcharge for a more durable material cook surface material. There are also numerous food surface contact regulations that vary across all the different countries that make up the European marketplace.

Helping to fill that gap was one of the objectives of the Build Your Own Master-Touch project.

That said, there actually was always a work-around to getting a SS GBS grate, but you could only get it by calling into the US Weber Consumer Care call center, and you had to know what to ask for. It was sort of a "secret menu" item.

To be clear, I'm only talking about 22" cooking grates. I can't speak to the availability of SS GBS grates for non-Charcoal grills without doing some homework first.

Last edited:
I'll take this opportunity to selfishly promote my own project. As part of the Build Your Own Master-Touch program on Weber.com, you can now add a Stainless Steel GBS Cooking Grate to your grill as part of the build program. Or, if you already have a 22" Kettle and just want a SS GBS grate, you can reach out to our call center at 1-800-446-1071 and ask for part # 65057, $82.04. Currently, the SS GBS grate is only available separate from the Build Your Own program through the call center. #IworkforWeber
Is there a similar trick to order the Euro Crafted griddle with enamel? I called a while back and they told me it's not available in the USA. I'm tempted to carry one back from Munich, but afraid baggage guys will trash the bag it's in.

Is there a similar trick to order the Euro Crafted griddle with enamel? I called a while back and they told me it's not available in the USA. I'm tempted to carry one back from Munich, but afraid baggage guys will trash the bag it's in.
Hey Mack!

I'm not 100% sure of which product you're referring to. Can you provide me with a part number? Quite often we offer certain products abroad that never come into our US warehouses. If I have a part number to reference I can check all the warehouses to see if there's one to be found anywhere in the US.

Thanks,
John

Hey Mack!

I'm not 100% sure of which product you're referring to. Can you provide me with a part number? Quite often we offer certain products abroad that never come into our US warehouses. If I have a part number to reference I can check all the warehouses to see if there's one to be found anywhere in the US.

Thanks,
John
It's 7682. It seems that it's standard in EU while the 7672 carbon steel version sells in the USA.

To make things fun Amazon has mixed the photos, resulting in several European customers being upset that they got the enameled griddle instead of the bare steel American version. The grass is always greener, I guess.

It's 7682. It seems that it's standard in EU while the 7672 carbon steel version sells in the USA.

To make things fun Amazon has mixed the photos, resulting in several European customers being upset that they got the enameled griddle instead of the bare steel American version. The grass is always greener, I guess.

Unfortunately, it looks like that part is among the ones I mentioned that never hit US warehouses. US Consumer Care has no way to order it. Thanks for the heads up about the image discrepancy! I'll alert the appropriate team to get that corrected.

I bought the Quilimetal one. It seems to be of good quality so far. The plated ones weber sells seem to rust out pretty quickly, especially the center section. I'm of the buy once, cry once mentality and didn't want to buy another plated grate. I would have payed more for a Weber one had it been available. I didn't try call them to order it.

Unfortunately, it looks like that part is among the ones I mentioned that never hit US warehouses. US Consumer Care has no way to order it. Thanks for the heads up about the image discrepancy! I'll alert the appropriate team to get that corrected.
That's for checking on your holiday!

Here's the Amazon Germany link showing different versions in different photos. Similar errors on some of the local BBQ dealer's sites, so may trace back to an early marketing mixup.

Weber 7682 BBQ Gusseisen Grillplatte https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09PZF6L64/

Mostly regional demand and the willingness of the local consumer to pay the upcharge for a more durable material cook surface material. There are also numerous food surface contact regulations that vary across all the different countries that make up the European marketplace.

Helping to fill that gap was one of the objectives of the Build Your Own Master-Touch project.

That said, there actually was always a work-around to getting a SS GBS grate, but you could only get it by calling into the US Weber Consumer Care call center, and you had to know what to ask for. It was sort of a "secret menu" item.

To be clear, I'm only talking about 22" cooking grates. I can't speak to the availability of SS GBS grates for non-Charcoal grills without doing some homework first.
I saw a GBS for the 18" Kettle/Jumbo joe is that available here?

That is great about Weber selling their SS GBS grate separately (and offering it as part of the "Build Your Own MT). I bought one in Germany and managed to get it home on the plane. Mine is NOT 304 stainless (probably 430) but very nice.

Landing somewhere between Weber's and the OnlyFire in price is this offering from Qlimetal. Says it is 304 stainless and weighs about a pound more than the OnlyFIre and costs $70. I have bought quite a few items from Qlimetal and never been disappointed or found the stainless to be magnetic when they say it is 304. With the retirement of the owner of KillaGrilla, this may be the best you can do. I know there are others mentioned, though, such as the one by SNS and one from Hunsaker. I would be interested in hearing more from owners of those.

I am very thankful to own the KillaGrilla grates that I do. They are superb.

I picked up a GBS for the 18" grill for @Rich Dahl. The problem I found was the removable centre section was the same size as the 22", which left little perimeter real estate for doing wings etc using the vortex. (This can be seen on the JJ pics above). I relayed this info to Rich and he agreed that the real estate was too small for cooking with a small sized vortex, so I returned it.

It doesn't appear to be a popular item. But I'm guessing it was produced to give 18" grill users the opportunity to use 22" GBS accessories.
@John Burns - I'll put up a link of where I got it from.......if I can find it again.

Edit: I did find it but they are out of stock.
screenshot_04.jpg

I couldn't find it anywhere else, but they must be out there. Because I found numerous websites selling the 18" grills which included the GBS grate in the package. But couldn't find just the GBS grate for sale.

Last edited:
Weber doesn't currently have a GBS grate for 18" grills. If you're seeing one for 18" grills in Europe I'd be interested in getting a link if you can provide one. #IworkforWeber
66864 is called out as stainless.

66781 seems to be plated​

Back