Now you guys have gone and made me buy a WSM

Greg Y

TVWBB Pro
I certainly don't need it, but I couldn't resist picking up an 18.5" WSM with Rapidfire chimney starter and cover for $70 at a pawn shop.
Oddly, the bottom and middle are older and dated 2007, and the lid is newer and dated 2013. So it has the thermometer, but not the larger door and other improvements of the newer models. Also, it looks like the previous owner rigged up a third grate using bolts and washers as standoffs from the bottom grate. I don't know if I'll keep it or just play with it and sell it, but the screen room is pretty full of grills and the wife is constantly complaining.
I just can't bear to put a grill out in the weather, and we can't afford a bigger screen room. Hmm... maybe I'll just put the wife out in the weather.:D

I don't know if I'll keep it or just play with it and sell it, but the screen room is pretty full of grills and the wife is constantly complaining. I just can't bear to put a grill out in the weather, and we can't afford a bigger screen room. Hmm... maybe I'll just put the wife out in the weather.:D
Funny how wives don't understand the need for many BBQ's yet when you go away for the weekend, they drag out many suitcases and pack them full...

Congrats on your addition, if you don't have an 18" already, it's worth keeping but if you have one it's a toss up. I'm currently trying to soften a seller of a 22" but so far no go. I could see having a couple 22's :wsm22:

I'm a sick puppy when it comes to grills. I just spent 2K expanding my patios so I had room for my nine grills and smokers. But I'm also lucky, Barb is right out there with me enjoy the toys. Grilling and making Q. But even Barb has said enough and I have to agree.

Have seen WSM's in many places along the way, but your pawn shop is a first. Cook with it 3 or 4 times and you won't want to sell it.

Back