Nobody Using Q Grills?

I kept the regulator on and use a hose on my little Q100, works fine but just turn it on slow as Bruce advised. I can see the advantage of having a smaller 5 though.

I have good luck with them. The key is not to get the 15 foot long ones. They tend to cause the OPD in the tank to trip due to the long hose having to fill up. I have been running your Q220 on a 3' one since I got it from you.

If you don't want to bother with converting the regulator, you can just use one of these adapter hoses to connect to a bulk tank.

Thanks Bruce! I already had one of those on it. I think the regulator wasn't working properly and I'm glad. Just finished the conversion and loving it! It works perfectly and it's not obnoxious or over the top. No big flames.
It's just like it should be!!

Thank you to everyone involved with showing me this regulator delete! Just another reason I appreciate this place and the good people here!

So temperature hit:
300°F in 3 min.
400°F in 5 min.
500°F in 9 min.
600°F in 16 min.
I'm very happy with that from this Q1200🙃
20241008_174701~2.jpg20241008_180800~2.jpg20241008_180823~2.jpg20241008_183825~2.jpg20241008_183744~2.jpg

I never used a 15' one. The ones I used were only about 3' IIRC.
I wonder if maybe my regulator wasn't bad then. Maybe it was that hose. Probably about 3 ft also. Grill didn't even get up to 400° maybe just over 350 before I did the Q regulator delete.

I wonder if maybe my regulator wasn't bad then. Maybe it was that hose. Probably about 3 ft also. Grill didn't even get up to 400° maybe just over 350 before I did the Q regulator delete.
Yeah, those extension hoses are trash IMO. I even tried Weber brand ones. To actually test the regulator it had put a full 1lb bottle on it and run it. Though there was a run of Q2xx grills Weber knew had bad regulators and they were replacing them at some point.

Yeah, those extension hoses are trash IMO. I even tried Weber brand ones. To actually test the regulator it had put a full 1lb bottle on it and run it. Though there was a run of Q2xx grills Weber knew had bad regulators and they were replacing them at some point.
I would never use a 1 lb bottle so not really a point of testing anyways. I'm very happy with the operation/performance now so I'm glad I did the conversion regardless.

I would never use a 1 lb bottle so not really a point of testing anyways. I'm very happy with the operation/performance now so I'm glad I did the conversion regardless. I'm picking up another one tonight and I'll probably convert it tonight also

I would never use a 1 lb bottle so not really a point of testing anyways. I'm very happy with the operation/performance now so I'm glad I did the conversion regardless.
Actually those hoses being so trashy actually enabled me to get a couple really good Q deals. One of which enabled me to get a nice red top Q220 which Bruce now owns and I have the Q320 he traded me for it

Back