No food pics yet

Larry D.

TVWBB Emerald Member
A pork butt is cooking away on the WSM. The two kettles are standing by as Plan B, ready to grill chicken thighs if the butt isn't ready on time (in which case we'll have pulled pork tomorrow). Both my children and all 5 of my grandchildren are here for the first time since the covid mess began, so I'm going to feed them well.

(Edit) I wrapped the butt (the first time I have ever done that) an hour ago after it stuck at 165 for 45 minutes. It has now hit 185 so we may have pulled pork sammitches tonight after all. 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_102051783.jpg
    IMG_20220828_102051783.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Great plan! I've used that plan myself with the Genesis. I mean, I guess people can get by with only ene grill/smoker, but why? There's plenty of used equipment in good to great shape available at reasonable (or great) prices. I guess for some space could be the problem... ?

Great plan! I've used that plan myself with the Genesis. I mean, I guess people can get by with only ene grill/smoker, but why? There's plenty of used equipment in good to great shape available at reasonable (or great) prices. I guess for some space could be the problem... ?
I bought the second kettle so I could grill chicken wings fast enough to feed that horde of locusts my wife's family when they visited. I only wish wings were that cheap again.

How did the pull pork come out 😎
I didn't get a picture when I took it off the smoker because it was wrapped in foil. I rested it for about 90 minutes and people were making sandwiches as fast as I could pull it. It was very good, tender throughout, pulled easily. I mixed the drippings and some eastern NC style sauce in, and everyone thought it was delicious. Here's a photo. (The fluorescent light in my kitchen makes meat look gray.)
IMG_20220828_175538408.jpg
I didn't notice the foot in the shot. I think that was my granddaughter who was hurrying me along so she could get to the bbq.😄

Back