NFL BLACK Eye

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
What the fish???
Can you believe the NFL informs the Broncos that all of the QB's can not play Sunday. So postpone the game till Tues right? Nope absolutely not.
Why not? Because the donkeys aren't Pittsburg, the Saints, the Ravens, the Bucs. You know big market teams with better records.
What a bunch of bull $h!t!! If I was Elway I would tell the NFL to kiss my @$$ & not put my team out there without a active QB. They will get someone seriously hurt back there. The Saints will stack the line, shut down the run & what else do you have. NaDa.
This is total crap. We will start a wide reciever off the practice @ QB. What a joke, yet when the great Cam Newton got covid we had to reschedule the game against New England & for go our bye week. Now this game could play Tues & they would have all three QB's. Favoritism in the NFL? Oh you bet ya.
If this game happens I hope that we kick the holy crap out of the Saints. The league wants a Saint win. Be a good time to give NFL a good old Mile High s...burger. This is why I love being a Bronc fan, cause of all the donkey haters out there. Including the NFL itself.
See ya Sunday afternoon.

This is punishment for breaking Covid protocols. That’s all it is. Team and NFL agreed.
oh thats BS. the Broncos have been one of the best at Covid protocols. The QB's have NOT tested positive. One did & the others were around him for 2 mins w/o a mask. So, they pulled all of the QB's. Drew Lock is NOT covid 19 positive. Neither was his back up. Other teams have broke way more protocols & have not seen them pull off players & expect them to play. Its political BS & everybody know it.

Well, well, well. Isnt is interesting the Ravens who broke more Covid protocols by a mile than any team out there had a coach wear no mask & exposed the whole team according to the NFL pregame. That means Lamar Jackson is exposed & his backup also. Just like Denver. But do you think Lamar Jackson will be held out of the game on Tues? If Drew Lock cant play then Lamar Jackson should not be able to play. Come on NFL lets keep it a little bit fair. They already moved the game to accomadate the great Steelers. Gotta keep those ratings up. But of course NFL cant move the game to Tues for Denver. Double standard I say! Ravens coach was suspened for a month, whoopie doo lee da doo.

Lamar Jackson was announced out of the next 2 games yesterday. Old news.

No one knows if Drew Lock will test positive. You don’t test positive instantly after contracting it. It takes days.

Reports are that all the Broncos QBs were DQ-ed for blowing off masks in meetings. Seems like a just punishment to me.

And just one more data point proving to me that Elway is the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Great player, but lousy executive.

Elway and team president Joe Ellis each got a C+ earlier in November. Coach Fangio and the team got fined previously after Fangio blew off wearing a mask. So after all that, why isn't every single team person wearing a mask absolutely at all times???? Looks like a basic management failure to me.

As if Elways' record on QBs wasn't awful already -- Kyle Orton, Trevor Siemian, Joe Flacco, Brock Osweiler, Tebow, Case Keenum, etc. With the exception of Peyton Manning dropping out of the sky, the Broncos QB has been an ongoing disaster. Makes me long for the good old days of Jay Cutler...

They say a picture is worth a 100o words;
gTf5MVE.jpg

Spot on, hope that the Ravens can get real rested up & plenty of time to practice for their game plan whoever plays QB.
And if they dont have enought players, well too bad. Go with who you have. Just like the donkeys did. I have no sympathy for them.

Well, well, well, I noticed that they moved the Ravens game for a 3rd time? Well aint that white of the NFL?
Yet, those chose to bury the Broncos. I guess thats how dictatorship works.
83MfH3I.jpg

What is this NFL thing you speak of?
If the Broncos play again on Sunday and you watch the game, (or any game moving forward) than you're just as much part of the problem. The NFL knows you're mad, but they also know you're gonna watch every game no matter what. So why should they change? The only way to get their attention is in the ratings. Does it stink that the powers that be have decided they can dictate what games are played and what games are allowed to be rescheduled? Sure it does. But you should have seen this coming when the NFL began moving the schedules around and called it "Flex Scheduling" on Sunday evening and late games.
But again, as long as people are glued to their TV's for 3.5 hours every Sunday watching their team, what reason does the NFL have for change?

Tim

i understand exactly why Russ is soo peeved, i'd be too. The NFL is NOT caring for the safety and welfare of the players HOWEVER....
WHY isn't (or wasn't) the NFLPA stepping up to back this crap??!!
They will get someone seriously hurt back there.
however, this ↑ statement i do have to say, NFL players KNOW going into a game they risk their health. Look at ALEX SMITH.
I'm a Bears fan and they've played without a quarterback for as long as I can remember!
😁
If the Broncos play again on Sunday and you watch the game, (or any game moving forward) than you're just as much part of the problem.
If folks don't like the NFL, then don't watch the NFL.
Like Pat said, do other "fun things" with your family...
By the way, FANS made the NFL popular by buying tickets to games, buying team merchandise and watching the games... the owners AND the television execs gobbled this up and ran with it. SO WHAT.
You would have also if you were in their boots.

Per John Breech of cbssports.com:

"If you're wondering why the NFL didn't move the game to Monday or Tuesday -- like the league has down with multiple other games this season -- the reason is that the Broncos didn't have an outbreak of COVID. They has an issue that was confined to one position group (quarterbacks) and the NFL has insisted all season that games will be played if there's no threat of an outbreak."

Per John Breech of cbssports.com:

"If you're wondering why the NFL didn't move the game to Monday or Tuesday -- like the league has down with multiple other games this season -- the reason is that the Broncos didn't have an outbreak of COVID. They has an issue that was confined to one position group (quarterbacks) and the NFL has insisted all season that games will be played if there's no threat of an outbreak."

very poor proof-reading IF ANY:
like the league has down with multiple other games this season -- the reason is that the Broncos didn't have an outbreak of COVID. They has an issue that was confined to one position group (quarterbacks) and...

Very interesting comments & opinions here. As far as me pulling away & not watching the games? You can forget that.
I was born 3 years before the Broncos became a franchise in the NFL. I grew up 35 miles north of Denver & the Broncos have grown up with me.
And flows through my blood today. As far as great time with family, we had many great Sundays. Cheering our Broncos in close victroy or defeat.
The only way I leave the Broncos is when I go to the other side. And leave this place. My dad was rabid fan untill he passed 3 months ago. I will never change who I am.
And for the 2nd kick in the teeth, Broncs play Sunday night. Our local NBC is in a fight with Directv & has shut the station off. Perfect time for Sunday night football to be taken off the air, people will complain & Directv will get their pay raise. Thats how is works. If Heidi was on Sunday evening no one would give a flying flip & they know it. And no one would care if the station was on.
Now get this, if its not resolved by Sunday night people with Direct will not get their home team game. Even though I pay high $ for the Sunday package you know all the games they lock out our local game so you have to watch the commercials from your local station. Meaning I wont see the game on the package or on NBC Sunday night. Aint that a stinker. Right now all I can do I laugh about it. On top of that it looks like the Broncos will be sold. Pat Bowlens daughters are fighting over the franchise in court. Pat Bowlen would have never stood for the record they have had in the last 4-5 years. So maybe its best they are sold to a rich fat cat who will put the money back into the team & make this great franchise proud again.
Have a nice weekend.
eFgHKlO.jpg

Last edited:
So maybe its best they are sold to a rich fat cat who will put the money back into the team & make this great franchise proud again.

Russ -- Sometimes long-term family NFL ownership works (Maras, Rooneys) and sometimes it doesn't (Bowlens).

A new owner with deep pockets could be a plus. Although you never know for sure (look at Dan Snyder in Washington).

But regardless of whether the new owner is Robert Smith or Brittany Bowlen, IMO it is long past time for Elway to go back to selling cars.

Last edited:

Back