New York Strips (And Some Spuds!)

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
Tonight was a night for a good steak dinner. Wife just got back home after a couple days out of state for work, and I busted (and kicked) butt at work.

Got a couple taters, fired up the Performer, placed my new Grill Dome on over the coals, and dropped the spuds on it.
9688277335_b073afd6fa_o.jpg

Meanwhile, took the New York Strips out of the 'fridge, put a little olive oil on each side and gave 'em some sea salt and crushed black pepper. Half an hour later, moved the Dome over to indirect, plunked the steaks down on the grill for a direct sear.
9688277149_a28da76f29_o.jpg

A tad over four minutes later, flipped 'em over.
9691516468_a2774ee2d1_o.jpg

Few minutes after that, off everything came, and into the house for final prep.
9691516358_106be84205_o.jpg

Plated pic. Added some cheese and pepper to the potatoes.
9691516124_89e3b84f12_o.jpg

Nicely cooked, uniformly pink just the way I like it. Always nice to end the week with a satisfying steak dinner.

MattP;
I believe I could eat that:rolleyes:...

Good cook!

By the way, where could I find further information on the "grill dome"? That looks interesting...

Dale53

Great looking strips! There's not much better than being at work in the middle of a rough day...but knowing you've got some steaks in the fridge at home. :)

MattP;
I believe I could eat that:rolleyes:...

Good cook!

By the way, where could I find further information on the "grill dome"? That looks interesting...

Dale53

Here is the rack that I got recently for my birthday. Was looking for some sort of rack I could use to help get extra space for cooking, and managed to stumble upon it. Actually, I think some other members here may have the same brand/model.

The only dislike I have with it thus far is that it's tall to the point where I can't put some 'bigger' items on top of it while still being able to fit the Performer lid. Example, when I did hash browns in my CI skillet recently, I couldn't put the skillet on top of the dome and fit the grill lid on. Hopefully I explained that clearly enough so it makes sense. No issues, though, with those potatoes in my post here.

Perfect steaks. Really like who the color was consistent through the whole steak.

Becoming a first-time charcoal user this spring/summer has really resulted in an entire re-learning of cooking times. This cook was one of my first times with steaks where I wound up feeling like I hit my desired done-ness right on the head.

Still working on burgers-- I tend to get them a little more done than I would prefer. Not to the point they're dry, but just a bit closer to well, rather than medium or medium-well.

Back