New Year's Eve Wine Oak Tri-tip

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
For New Year's Eve, I picked up a pre seasoned Tri-Tip at Costco, it was an impulse buy, as it looked good! I also have some Steven Raichlen Wine Oak wood Staves, and decided to use that for the smoke. Place the meat indirect, for about 45 minutes. It was 35F outside, I think the tri-tip could have gone a little bit longer, but it was still great! I like some pink in the middle, but the Misses, likes her meat cooked more, so I place her slices back on the grill over the fire baskets. Serviced with grill corn and oven roasted Tater fries. It was a very tasty meal! Happy New Years Everybody!!!!

Wine Oak wood for the smoke.

Costco choice tri tip.

On the grill, wood smells great!!!!

Meat is resting! I took a few sample bites before pulling off the grill ;).

Oven fries are ready.

My plate, tasty tri-tip.

Thanks for looking :).

Last edited:
Michael, awesome plate of food, just the way I like it. Happy New Year to you both.

That is a fantastic TT Michael. Being very close to Napa, wine barrel staves and chunks are readily available. Very good flavor in that wood

The more I see pictures like this the more I want to push my Char-Broil to the curb and pick up a Weber Performer.

Nothing wrong with impulse buys when it comes to meat! I like what I see, Michael. The juicy slices on your plate look just the way I like 'em!

Back