New WSMs for 2009

Tell her you watered your original WSM, and it grew.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by David Presley:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">$399 is cheap if that's the price.

Thanks for your help Tom. What's the most your willing to pay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you know... once you've got the BBQ Bug it's hard to put a price on things.

But based on prices for similar cookers, I'd easily pay $500 for this WSM and not bat an eyelash. More than that, I'd have to think about it.

Chris,

Great news and congrats on the test drive! I'm going to have to get in line for both the BIG Bullet and the 26 inch kettle when they hit the streets.

I have a question on the new WSM. Will the middle section fit on top of a 22 1/2" kettle?

Thanks for a superior site. I lurked here for a few years researching prior to beginning to post and bought a WSM about 2 1/2 years ago. I had previously had years of experience with stick burners and every ECB known to man. The wealth of knowledge from both this site and the community sure made my transitions to the WSM smooth!

Way too big for me ... but the improved WSM has me intrigued. Whenever my WSm gets too dirty (I'm a lazy bbq'er) I think I'll have to bite!

Hey, lucky me, I am still up, and am the first to view all 4 videos that Chris just posted. Thanks Chris!

Wow, this is so exciting, I can't wait to get one and fire it up!

Hopefully, we won't have to wait another 20 years 'til they do one on the Ranch Kettle size! Then we can mount it on a trailer and tow it around like all those other smokers! J/K
icon_wink.gif

This is so awesome. I can't wait to see one. Or tell my wife about it
icon_smile.gif

I was skeptical like Bill. Been lurking here (and Basso's forum) for a looong time and the 22.5in WSM always seemed to be "in the works".

Also surprised few have mentioned interest in the revamped 18.5in model. If I'm reading this right the current model will also be getting the thermometer, etc. Correct? I'm excited about that too. But mostly about the big brother- being able to fit any size brisket I want is cool!

Hey Chris Great job on videos I will finish watching them this evening. Do you think that ash pan could be a heat deflector?

Tim

Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
$399 is cheap if that's the price. That's about a 50% increase in cooking area. If my math is screwed up, someone please correct me.

Just my guess, but I think the larger WSM will go for $450. It'll be too big for my use, but to all of you who get one I wish you the best of cooks and no out of rounds. If you are out of round on this new baby, you are really out of round. Best of luck
Dave

Thank you Weber!!!

Awesome timing by ProQ with the stacker.

The only reason I might not get a 22" WSM as soon as they're available is that I just got my stacker. The purpose of the stacker was so we could have a "bigger" WSM.

Oh well. Guess I could cook about 20 butts at a time if I use my WSM+stacker and my 22" WSM at the same time
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
This is great news.

I would never get rid of my current WSM, but I will definitely be adding one of these Super WSMs to the arsenal.

$399 is cheap if that's the price. Strictly speaking the 22" model has about 769 Sq. In. of cooking area while the current model has about 508 Sq. In. of cooking area.

Yeah, after thinking about it some, that is a pretty good price. And just to clarify, I have 2 WSM's .. I'd only be getting rid of one of them.
icon_wink.gif

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Just a note about the new WSM:

The "ash catcher" makes no sense at all when you think about it. Also, I don't think it is a "drip catcher" either.

What does make sense is that it is a Heat Shield to better protect wooden decks and such.

Also... where is the cover?

i apologize if this was answered already, but I am with Scott (see above)... will the 2 upper sections of the 22 WSM fit on a performer bowl?
icon_smile.gif
just curious
thanks for the update though... cant wait to see the 26in Kettle as well.. I hope they make it in more than just black...

Question How are we going to refer to the large versus normal size WSM? Any ideas.

How about

BBWSM (Big boned or Big Beautiful)

Or since the small one is the Bullet how about the "Gun"

Count me in for one for sure. Only problem is I need it before the end of Sept. for a comp.

Chris, Maybe you can request a volume shipment for all of us here first or at least put our group here at the front of the line.

Thanks Weber, beautiful product and great addition to my cooking patio.

Ok! Great news! Chris I give major Kudos to you on your strength not to break this wide open months ago, I dont know if I could have sat on such big news for that long. Congratulations are also in order for having you test drive their new product. That must have been a nice surprise and an honor to do so.

Now I just picked up my 2nd WSM like 3 weeks ago. What oh what am I going to do now? Weber is making this a very hard decision...

Chris,
Thanks for the videos! I just got off the phone with Weber CS and they suggest earliest availability will be early October.

Just finished the Stacker flip mod on my WSM so I am thinking Laurel and Hardy for names.

Kudos,
Mike

I feel like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story". What do I want for Christmas? I want a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker with a 3 gallon water pan and thermometer in the lid.
icon_biggrin.gif

Chris- I didn't notice a cover when you unpacked. Did it come with one? Or maybe Weber is still having them made.

Great informative video's!

Tom

Back