New Weber Summit Kamado E6 - Lid misaligned

Got my replacement bowl and assembled without any problems. I did want to mention I had the same problem as others with the lid not wanting to "square" up. I put a stainless washer as a shim behind the outer most lid hinge bolt between the hinge and lid ring to push the lid over a just a bit to "square" up and that worked fine with no falling back out of "square" opening and closing. Sorry I assumed everyone knew what I was referring to, but my new Summit e6 Kamado.

Mike, I have yet to get a Weber grill shipped to me that isn’t damaged. Performer multiple broken cart pieces and scratched lid, Spirit, dented bottom shelf on cart, Traveler broken side table, SmokeFire chipped paint on lid. My first WSCG from Amazon had so many damaged parts when I called Weber and sent pics, they wouldn’t even send me replacements, they made me return it to Amazon.

I try first to buy locally, they still haven‘t learned to package for shipping, They’ve designed packaging to sell by the truckload to retailers.

However, I agree that it appears whomever boxed that should be ashamed. With the paint scratched off the other posts it looks like it was dropped quite a distance before being boxed.
Wow that’s some serious bad luck

Mike, I have yet to get a Weber grill shipped to me that isn’t damaged. Performer multiple broken cart pieces and scratched lid, Spirit, dented bottom shelf on cart, Traveler broken side table, SmokeFire chipped paint on lid. My first WSCG from Amazon had so many damaged parts when I called Weber and sent pics, they wouldn’t even send me replacements, they made me return it to Amazon.

I try first to buy locally, they still haven‘t learned to package for shipping, They’ve designed packaging to sell by the truckload to retailers.

However, I agree that it appears whomever boxed that should be ashamed. With the paint scratched off the other posts it looks like it was dropped quite a distance before being boxed.

When you have something shipped to your house, the package takes a totally different route to get there. If it's a grill (large box), it'll get tossed on and off the irreg (irregular) belt multiple times depending on how far it's going. It'll likely always be the bottom box when loaded on to a trailer. Also won't be on a pallet.

When something gets shipped to say an Ace Hardware for example, the big box will be on a pallet most of the time. So a lot less opportunities to be damaged (dropped, thrown, etc...)

I think Weber has not put enough thought into the change in delivery patterns with the rise of Amazon, 2-day shipping, and shipping direct to consumers. The way they package grills is fine when they are shipping to stores (on pallets), but when it goes into a delivery network like FedEx, those big boxes are just asking to be abused.

My E6 arrived by large truck and strapped to a pallet.
When I seen that happen I was fairly excited as my initial thoughts were to receive a damaged product due to shipping.

The unit worked fine. I also noticed that the one touch cleaning system is quite noisy.
The cooldown wasn't that long for sure, I did not time it but I am sure it was faster than that. I will time it next time.
Check if your one touch blades are flush or a little raised, if they are raised they will let air in.
I did change the original wheels with a larger rubber ones. The original ones are terrible for my irregular backyard pavement. Great improvement with the new ones. Also, for whatever reason, the European version only came with one swivel caster and two fixed, replaced with three swivel ones.
Hi can you remember which swivel wheels you used? And how you did it? I tried it but the back legs are longer so fitting three same size castors seem to make it sit not level

Back