New Weber pellet grills for 2020

All you pre-order guys are reminding me of 6 year olds the week before Christmas. LOL I don't say that with a negative meaning intended. Just makes me smile.

I haven't been excited about a grill since I got my gen 2 Performer on sale back in the day. I was so happy and couldn't wait to put it together. I thought the propane starter was such a good idea! Still trying to wrap my mind around pre-ordering for a grill.

I would assume Weber has sent the device to some "influencers". I am surprised we haven't seen some YouTube vids by now. That one from CNET was decent, but I would prefer to see an in-depth one from someone with a bit more experience.

Hmmm, a WSM smoker and a charcoal grill never prevented me from having significant cocktail time! I think your brother is doing it wrong.

J7Y1mlC.jpg

"Excuse me, I have to go check the grill/smoker," is my go to excuse!

That has always been a go to excuse, but now, he sets, forgets and has someone else get the thing off because he has had three too many.

Since then, he’s suffered a stroke and, I fear his smoking days are behind him. I may inherit his Traeger but, I hope not too soon.

Hmmm, a WSM smoker and a charcoal grill never prevented me from having significant cocktail time! I think your brother is doing it wrong.

J7Y1mlC.jpg

"Excuse me, I have to go check the grill/smoker," is my go to excuse!

Well J Living in So Cal is a lot different than shagging you butt out in the 20 degree blowing wind cold to adjust a vent while your friends sit in the nice warm house.
I lived in El Toro / Lake Forest for 36 years so I know what that is like and no I would never go back to Cali.
I'll take my set it and forget it and enjoy my friends in the nice warm house. While I watch the beautiful snow fall.

Last edited:
I would assume Weber has sent the device to some "influencers". I am surprised we haven't seen some YouTube vids by now. That one from CNET was decent, but I would prefer to see an in-depth one from someone with a bit more experience.

We have seen several videos on the SmokeFire already. The links are scattered through this thread a couple others. There were several famous BBQ guys who got them from weber for reviews and Weber has held a couple big get togethers for the famous BBQ guys at their HQ where they played around with and cooked on them. Check back in this thread for some of the videos.

When I was talking to the rep finalizing my order he told me he has had an ex6 for a couple of months and has used it quite a bit. Said it works great and thinking people are really going to enjoy them.

When I was talking to the rep finalizing my order he told me he has had an ex6 for a couple of months and has used it quite a bit. Said it works great and thinking people are really going to enjoy them.

Can’t wait!! I am like a 46 year old kid, I check this thread way tooooooo often!

Can’t wait!! I am like a 46 year old kid, I check this thread way tooooooo often!

Me too. Not only do I just want my SmokeFire, I have a friend that wants to buy my CampChef and I don't want him to give up waiting for it and have to find another buyer. I also don't want to be pellet grill-less either, so I told him he can get it as soon as I get my SmokeFire.

Shane, I would probably let the Camp Chef go instead of taking the chance the deal would fall through. Once those Webers hit the market, there will probably be a lull in demand for the other brands, especially used ones. I am pretty confident that if you pre-ordered, you will have one in a month.

We have seen several videos on the SmokeFire already. The links are scattered through this thread a couple others. There were several famous BBQ guys who got them from weber for reviews and Weber has held a couple big get togethers for the famous BBQ guys at their HQ where they played around with and cooked on them. Check back in this thread for some of the videos.

You'll find links to the photos and videos in this thread in the very first post: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78673-New-Weber-pellet-grills-for-2020

Still waiting for the Smokefire... this worked great for some seared ribeyes tonight!🙂

IMG_4722.jpg

Hmmm still can’t get pic to show with the
approach. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueuy6ac9w7w20i1/IMG_4722.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Eugene: Don't sweat the picture thing. Soon, we should be able to upload photos direct to the forum without using a third party hosting site.

I don't know whether to commend you for perseverance or pity you after seeing that picture.
t0sG1c6.jpg

agSnYTd.jpg

Last edited:
I was searching around about searing steaks and saw someone touting the “chimney method”, so I was curious more than anything. 3-4 minutes each side with a few flips for a fairly thick ribeye and it made a great steak!

Eugene, give this a try next time. From what I understand, this is not such as radical an idea as it seems.

The chimney method came from Alton Brown. He made pretty much a whole Good Eats episode about it. Looking forward to not having to deal with 3rd party sites but in the mean time Imagur is the simplest and best way out there

Last edited:
Eugene: Don't sweat the picture thing. Soon, we should be able to upload photos direct to the forum without using a third party hosting site.

I don't know whether to commend you for perseverance or pity you after seeing that picture.
t0sG1c6.jpg

agSnYTd.jpg

I wouldn't put a chimney directly on concrete. I did that a few times and one time it exploded the concrete and shot shrapnel right past my face.
I still got the small crater sized pot mark in my drive.
Concrete absorbs and holds moisture, super heating it can cause a violent reaction.

Tim

Back