New Weber accessory

So I guess maybe they are hoping that brand loyalty is gonna make this sell at twice the price of a vortex?
Yeah. Some people just take the easy path in life. It’s okay. Chevy, GMC, Cadillac all have the same trucks. Yet all three brands sell, a lot.

Well, OK. How about a pizza pan on top of your Vortex. They missed the boat and will probably not sell many at that price. C'mon Weber!

I used this stainless bowl, $10 at Ikea

Cut with aviation snips to right height, it works well for me.
20230304_124940.jpg

I think most of us already have a vortex, right? They've been around for quite a while. So all we need is the heat deflector-diffuser deal. The Chinese will probably release one soon. Until then, I like the pizza pan idea above. We just need to get the diameter right. And then carefully cut out the inner hole.

Edit: Looks like 19.5 inches diameter for the pan but I think half inch either way wouldn't matter. They have both - 19 inch pans and 20 inch pans - on amazon. Aluminum melts at 1200 F so it should be okay.

Editx2: Or just skip cutting the hole. Place lit briquets around the outside of the vortex. Place the 19"-20" pan on top of the vortex. Install your weber grate. Cook indirect anywhere on the grate with even temps, according to Weber.

Last edited:
I used this stainless bowl, $10 at Ikea

Cut with aviation snips to right height, it works well for me.
View attachment 67100
What height did you cut the IKEA bowl to?

Sorry guys, but they didn't make this product for the die hard Weber guys that already have a vortex. They are making it for all the other masses that have no idea and will buy it because it's Weber and it's the first time they have seen one. I bet they sell a lot of them.

And, they added a heat shield so it's not just a complete rehash of just a vortex. I have a vortex knockoff but I might get this set at some point just for the heat shield.

Sorry guys, but they didn't make this product for the die hard Weber guys that already have a vortex. They are making it for all the other masses that have no idea and will buy it because it's Weber and it's the first time they have seen one. I bet they sell a lot of them.

And, they added a heat shield so it's not just a complete rehash of just a vortex. I have a vortex knockoff but I might get this set at some point just for the heat shield.
Exactly. TVWBB, 100k members? Weber annual grill sales, hundreds of thousands, and over how many years?

There’s more unknowing owners than knowing owners. This forum is a concentration of the enthusiasts. Aka, mavens and promoters.

It says
Material, stainless steel. Maybe the diffuser ring but the cone looks like aluminized steel.

Exactly. TVWBB, 100k members? Weber annual grill sales, hundreds of thousands, and over how many years?

There’s more unknowing owners than knowing owners. This forum is a concentration of the enthusiasts. Aka, mavens and promoters.
But, this bunch does have more than a few “Enablers”! That’s not a bad thing, really I’ve been encouraged to experiment with both equipment and recipes by many of the members. I’m looking at you Brett!😉

Mike,
But don't you have the only one heat deflector system? If I am wrong then this is a little different, but If my memory serves me right, why would you want to add this?

Second, anyone looking to add a heat deflector system, for $90 right now on Amazon the Aura Kettle Zone Cooking which comes with SS grates. I would rather add the SS grates then another vortex (I have two nock offs and am not half as much money in).

Back