New Searwood pic.

Jon, I still don't like the outward appearance but I am really excited about what's inside. That big flavorizer bar works. I like the side pellet hopper and new pellet feed system. I like the grease management system and I like the cast Aluminum. I wonder if the lid is insulated. Did you get a smoke box or sear kit?
I bought this from the great guys as Smoke Daddy. It is intended to replace the cover over your firepot:

Smoke Daddy Diffuser.jpg

It struck me as a way to give a "regular" pellet grill a similar feature to the Camp Chef Woodwind Pro push in box you fill with wood chunks. The reviews of the Woodwind Pro seem to show impressive results turning out bbq with bark like what we have seen here for the SmokeFire. I don't think there is anything special about the rest of the Woodwind Pro other than that box. This diffuser is a way to get close with the pellet grill you (I) already have.

This will have to be turned sideways to work on the Recteq because of its rear hopper, but the guys at Smoke Daddy said that it will still work. I hope to show when time allows.

After checking out the 'Release' email this morning there was something that really stood out and immediately caught my eye. Did anyone else notice the Weber branded table the portable griddle is setting on. Man, I want one!

So, no roti compatibility on the Searwood? Trying to confirm that, but don't see it on the Weber site.

Edit: Nevermind. I now see "rotisserie or griddle insert" (sold separately). Just no pics of it on their site.
Those folks at Weber hide things away dont they! Click in learn more to view

IMG_6485.png

I bought this from the great guys as Smoke Daddy. It is intended to replace the cover over your firepot:

View attachment 84947

It struck me as a way to give a "regular" pellet grill a similar feature to the Camp Chef Woodwind Pro push in box you fill with wood chunks. The reviews of the Woodwind Pro seem to show impressive results turning out bbq with bark like what we have seen here for the SmokeFire. I don't think there is anything special about the rest of the Woodwind Pro other than that box. This diffuser is a way to get close with the pellet grill you (I) already have.

This will have to be turned sideways to work on the Recteq because of its rear hopper, but the guys at Smoke Daddy said that it will still work. I hope to show when time allows.
They build some good stuff. I ordered one of their new fire pots for my Pitts and Spitts.

I have a SmokeFire for you
Lew, you have been a huge help to a lot of SmokeFire owners. Even though I haven't taken the plunge, I always look forward to what you share. I think I am having a similar reaction as you to the Searwood. When we saw the first "leak" photos, I wasn't sure I liked it. Seeing the full reveal, I am much more favorably inclined. Like you said, I think Weber tried to come up with a better and more reliable way to deliver the open chamber pellet grill experience.

I recently bought a really cool accessory for my Recteq that I am eager to try out. Might have to wait for spring and tax season to be over, but I look forward to seeing if it can bring my Recteq 700's performance closer to that of a SmokeFIre or Camp Chef's Woodwind Pro.

I’m going to figure out a way to get my SmokeFire out to you Jon.
I can see myself picking up a Searwood ealry
Next year.

View attachment 84947

When I had my rt300 one of the guys on Pellet Fan gave that a positive review. I cut oak hockey pucks and put them on top of the diffuser but they didn’t last long enough.

I've had a reply from Weber UK, the Searwood isn't due to be sold in the UK. The Sear+ is also not for retail in the UK. As the Stealth was just a rebranding of the original SmokeFire, I'm probably going to bug out and look at other manufacturers who are offering something more current, perhaps they are in the same boat.

Times too short for me now, I want something up to date which I can just plug & play. Shame, I've had Weber's all my BBQ life, needs must.

I've had a reply from Weber UK, the Searwood isn't due to be sold in the UK. The Sear+ is also not for retail in the UK. As the Stealth was just a rebranding of the original SmokeFire, I'm probably going to bug out and look at other manufacturers who are offering something more current, perhaps they are in the same boat.

Times too short for me now, I want something up to date which I can just plug & play. Shame, I've had Weber's all my BBQ life, needs must.
The Stealth is the Sear+ without the Crafted sear grate. I believe the internals are the same but someone can correct me.

So they aren’t selling a pellet grill in the UK?

So go buy a Smokefire. What does “up to date” even mean? It’s not old and has been upgraded since it was releases, Stealth isn’t just branding, it’s got internal upgrades and external changes.

You’re being overly harsh, my opinion, but Smokefire is about as plug and play as anything else out there. They’re pellet grills, that’s what they do.

Paul, good luck with whatever you decide but let me add what I know to your knowledge bank. The Weber Director of Internet Marketing told me that the Searwood will be released at a later, unnamed, date. A manager of one of the Weber stores in Australia told one of our FB group admins that he didn't know when they would get it. I know for a fact that testers in the UK were testing it in January 2021. The Stealth is a better grill than my Gen1 EX6 because of redesigned components. All models run the same software so they’ll cook pretty much the same. When the Stealth was released, we found that it had a redesigned pellet hopper with the finger guard and pellet detector relocated in a different shaped hopper. That seemed to improve pellet flow. The Glow Plug harness and fire pot were re-designed and a front heat deflector was added to the front side of the cook chamber. An interior light and handle insulating sleeve were added. Upgraded casters helped it roll smoother. The “Crafted grate system frame was added. And it was all black. Owner feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. I don't and never have worked for Weber. I'm just a retired old fart that owns and has learned how to get great tasting Q off my Smokefire. Again, good luck.

I would be surprised if the new Searwood didnt make its way to the UK because when the Smokefire models are sold out what are they going to offer pellet wise? Saying that, looking at the UK prices they wont be shifting too many anytime soon! Also, if you are hell bent on getting the new model dont rule out getting one shipped from USA. i have done on several occasions and when you factor in the considerable lower pricing in USA it can be viable. Just the voltage issue to fix which is not really rocket science either! Good luck and if i can offer some further help please shout!!

How can it be cost effective to ship from the US something that huge? If I just send a card to my bud in the UK it costs a small fortune.

How can it be cost effective to ship from the US something that huge? If I just send a card to my bud in the UK it costs a small fortune.
With respect , do the math and reconsider your response! 2149 GBP is $2740 good day sir! I said it was viable!!

1704923849799.png1704923916770.png

Attachments

• 1704923892985.png
    1704923892985.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
Wow! I'm late to this party. A few days ago I saw an article about this from CES. My first thought was I wonder what's going to happen to the smoke fire. My second thought was I believe I saw a rotisserie on this new contraption. I was going to come here and post a link but it looks like most of it has already been covered. I read through most of the comments and now I'm like everyone else awaiting the official reveal.

Because he's done it. He said it and Paul doesn't post BS on this forum. Give the man a little respect.
To Paul and you as well Lew. The LAST thing I ever intended was no respect and I am actually a bit PO'd it was taken in that way. It was a QUESTION pure and simple as I did not know. No disrespect was ever meant or intended so IDK why shade has to be thrown on me!

Back