New Q?

Honestly about the only feature 'new" is having a middle burner on a Q2XXX size grill and I guess the upcoming electronics on a model or 2 which honestly is pretty weird for what is more a picnic product :D

Honestly about the only feature 'new" is having a middle burner on a Q2XXX size grill and I guess the upcoming electronics on a model or 2 which honestly is pretty weird for what is more a picnic product :D
In the US the Q is frequently used as a picnic or tailgating grill, although it's often the gas grill of choice for apartment dwellers. However, in Australia it's many people's everyday grill as opposed to a Spirit/Genesis.

In the US the Q is frequently used as a picnic or tailgating grill, although it's often the gas grill of choice for apartment dwellers. However, in Australia it's many people's everyday grill as opposed to a Spirit/Genesis.
That's interesting, I wonder why the demographic is that different

Not really sure how different it is. In many of our own cases with members right here. A Q is our "daily driver". Mine is (if I use a gas grill) which was my reasoning to convert to NG on my own. Very rare occasion anymore I need to light off the Wolf. Heck, even when my Genesis was on the deck I found it pretty rare to need to use it.
Of course now I am moving away from gas to a large extent. But, I still use it and 90% of the time I cook on a gasser it's a Q

I like the front access to the grease tray. The current version is sometimes balky and awkward to open. Not as clear how much better the side tables are, but the current ones were ready for an improvement. As a fan of the midsize Q 200/2000 grills, I think the 2nd burner on this new version adds some real value and addresses the complaint some - though not I - have had with the current model being a little underpowered.

I am just glad it still is a “Q” and that its basic aspects many of us love appear to be intact.

I use a Q200 90% of the time as well. I don't pull my SS Platinum out very often. The Q is just so convenient and effective for regular cooks that I see no reason to drag the beast out of the garage and fire it up for a two or three person servicing of burgers or steaks..

I won't buy a new Q at retail price, but at some point they will enter the US market and several years later will find their way onto the FB and CL sale sites. Then, I may bite. Until then, I am quite satisfied with the Q on my back deck and I expect it to be burning food for many more years despite being abused and neglected more than it should be.

Those cabinet style carts are nice looking, but are they the same rust prone metal that they use on the Genesis line. One of the big pluses on the Q grills is their durability and low maintenance. Maybe the cart is plastic/vinyl like the current ones, but if it is rusting out in 4-5 years, then I'll pass.

Those cabinet style carts are nice looking, but are they the same rust prone metal that they use on the Genesis line. One of the big pluses on the Q grills is their durability and low maintenance. Maybe the cart is plastic/vinyl like the current ones, but if it is rusting out in 4-5 years, then I'll pass.
Looks like the cabinets are in addition too not part of the newQ. Tha to me means it is now asthetically pleasing at home and it is also ready to roll out as well. I would have bought the performer if I hadn't bought the Spirit II buy not likely the Q.

Years ago, Barb and I had the baby Q which I didn't care for. Back then we did a lot of cooking outside and needed the space, hence the NG E320. Today for charcoal I've gone from the performer to the Jumbo Joe as we don't do that much anymore. With the cart I built for the JJ it's basically like a mini performer.
I've been looking at used Qs, one of those might be a nice alternative to firing up the E320 to cook a quick steak or a couple of burgers.

I'm in Australia but haven't had the chance to check them out yet as there's not a Weber shop in my area but I've had every size model of the Q in it's lifetime range, so from what I gather, there are extra models particularly in the mid range that have an extra burner but there's also a way Weber has altered these new models, I think in the larger 3000 series to do low and slow cooking. I have no idea how this is achieved in a gasser but I'm sure there is some technique that'll need to be learned. I'm heading up to the big smoke soon (Sydney) so I'll go and check them out at a Weber Store.......damn it, I just purchased a brand new NG version of the Q3200 too, loving it....I've still got 2 kettles to do all the smoking I need to do......today will be tri-tip, might try that on the Q this time to see how i can manipulate it :weberq::coolkettle:

Yes I think though by using the large casserole dish for water (heat sink) but you'll have to use a solid dish because those aluminium foil pans won't hold the weight of the trivett and meat for very long before the sides cave in. I'm sure my recently new but older model Q3200 will do that too....i'm going to try it on a small brisket.

Back