New Project Redhead 1100

My thoughts are is usual. Find a 3000 frame. But if you are up for the challenge I say Hey go for it. But if it was me I would take the easy way out.

Trust me I totally agree with you but I might be dead before I find that frame or the Blue Lid. I got the winter to burn as the weather here will allow you to work outside quite a bit like today. So lets come up with some ideas, I have some which I will share but a bit confused on the outside dimensions of the legs there have been a few kind members I have PM'd on this but I got 2 different answers, one said outside on the legs was 36 /1/2 the other 37 wondering if the 2000 was 36 1/2 and the 3000 to leave a bit of a gap for the burner not sure about that. Both said the frame is 60" which I think is what it should be.

For sure where that that right leg on the outside needs to be 11 1/4 to the right end of the frame as that will let you add a drop down table which is what I want to do down the road.

Hi Nice project. Do you know where I can purchase a rotisserie like the one in your picture? I had one before and really liked it.

Trust me I totally agree with you but I might be dead before I find that frame or the Blue Lid. I got the winter to burn as the weather here will allow you to work outside quite a bit like today. So lets come up with some ideas, I have some which I will share but a bit confused on the outside dimensions of the legs there have been a few kind members I have PM'd on this but I got 2 different answers, one said outside on the legs was 36 /1/2 the other 37 wondering if the 2000 was 36 1/2 and the 3000 to leave a bit of a gap for the burner not sure about that. Both said the frame is 60" which I think is what it should be.

For sure where that that right leg on the outside needs to be 11 1/4 to the right end of the frame as that will let you add a drop down table which is what I want to do down the road.

I wish these Weber grill models didn't seem so darn regional. I have passed on two 3000 grills in the past month. Both would have required fairly long drives, but not terrible and both were under $50.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2047732058645042/

Yup they are regional like the hood colors either red or black down here the 2 I got in black had the dreaded fade not seen any other colors for awhile. Saw a 2 burner in green awhile back but that has been it.

That one for 40 bucks would already been in my driveway. :)

Hi Nice project. Do you know where I can purchase a rotisserie like the one in your picture? I had one before and really liked it.

FSandy welcome to the forum wait for someone to weigh in here really don't know much about them got mine with the grill so no clue other than that.

I have acquired 5 weber rotisseries over the last two years. Two have come with grills I bought for rehabbing and the others I have purchased (used or new in box). Two were the same model as the one in the photo Weber #9890. They are great rotos for the older genesis grills. I would look to FB marketplace and Craigslist to find one. Also, search for weber grills as many come with old grills and many times the grills with the roto are less than $50.

Yup they are regional like the hood colors either red or black down here the 2 I got in black had the dreaded fade not seen any other colors for awhile. Saw a 2 burner in green awhile back but that has been it.

That one for 40 bucks would already been in my driveway. :)

I am working on a $25 Silver B with a GREEN head. I have never purchased one before. So far, they have been more rare than Red, maroon, mica, blue, and black for me.

BaQb9Rs.jpg

At least it looks green to me in the photo. But I am legally color blind. Sooooo.....

No kidding. I have not seen one here in KC in over 2 years of daily searching.

Bruce, I may need to put you on the lookout for one in the spring. I'd drive 500 miles
in heartbeat for a restorable 3000.

Dave we are going to build a 3000 out of an 1100 frame drawing up some ideas at the moment but will need input from all so since Bruce and others are in hibernation will give them something to do.

I am working on a $25 Silver B with a GREEN head. I have never purchased one before. So far, they have been more rare than Red, maroon, mica, blue, and black for me.

BaQb9Rs.jpg

At least it looks green to me in the photo. But I am legally color blind. Sooooo.....

I like that one. I think it would look cool if you painted the handle black, maybe the end pieces as well.

Did you get that one in Madison? I just saw it and I was gonna tag you for it

Haven't gotten it yet. Guy said he had lots of calls on it but no pickups yet. I said if it isn't gone by morning to let me know and I would pick it up. I will call him soon and check on it.

Oh, your post made it seem like you have it in your paws. It's $35 on CL but still looks decent for the $$$$

Just talked to seller. I am going down this afternoon to pick it up for $35. I prefer Silver B's over the Genesis 1000 grills for rehabbing and this should be a good base grill for a rehab next spring. Kinda like that hood as well, even though green is not one of my favorite colors.

That looks like a good deal. I guess you didn't get snowed in like we did. Damn we got nailed. We had 10" on the ground when I went out last night and cleared, this am I got up to at least that much AGAIN, subdivision didn't even get plowed out until 08:30. Was too deep even for our 4wd Highlanders to make it out

We're clobbered here. Now they're saying we'll have about 3 days of deep freeze and than rain storms over weekend

Same here! We didn’t get slapped as hard as you did Larry but,the stuff was really heavy and wet! Stopped now, funky weather to say the least!

BaQb9Rs.jpg

OK, I picked it up. Overall, the grill looks to be pretty much complete and structurally in good shape. It has a broken igniter button, crossover tube is shot but I think I have a spare, caster wheels are toast, handle and thermoset tables are very stained and dirty and may be oxidized. I will have to wait until next spring to fine out for sure, but again, I have spares. Burners look OK but crossover tube is toast. Flavo bars are servicable, but are on their last leg. The grates are porcelain coated CI and one looks to be in really good shape, while the other has several areas where the porcelain is gone. I guess he only cooked on one side of the grill. The hood looks really good and the end caps look like I can get away with a little sanding and a good cleaning before I repaint them. All in all, a good deal for $35.00. The guy said he bought a new Kenmore to replace it for $350. I am tempted to show him one of my rehab CL adds showing what his grill will look like when I finish it for even less than he is dropping on the Kenmore.

XPx2bN4.jpg

Back