New member from La Selva Beach, CA

Jilda L

Hi Webers… I recently purchased an older red gas Weber from my landlord who moved to New Mexico. I'm looking for the identifying numbers on it and haven't found them yet. It is a two burner with a hard plastic board on the left. It is pretty rough and funky but is fully functional and I have loved grilling on it in the past. Now that it is mine I want to fully restore it. I will attach a photo as soon as possible.

Red's former owner wasn't big on cleaning or maintenance. I wonder how I will get the flaking soot off of the inside of the top? I guess I can take out many of the other parts and scrub them and I have some degreaser, but don't know how to go about that inside top area. What will be the best paint to use on the black parts once I clean it up? Is it a high temp gloss spray paint or semigloss? The red enamel looks pretty good. We'll see as we go along if there are any parts that need replacing.

Any help is really appreciated as the summer is HERE!

Thanks,

Jilda

Thank, James. I'm gathering information about this BBQ so it is helpful. Does anyone know how to find a serial number on these older gas models? Also, cleaning it will be the first step but this grill needs a lot more than a cleaning. I did see in the FAQs that the peeling black soot on the inside of the top is not uncommon and will try their suggestions about burning it off first. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Back