New: Heinz Pitmaster Collection barbecue sauces

I picked one up today. Can't wait to try it. It's supposed to rain/snow this weekend. Come on spring!

Well I've finally tried them all. The Memphis one is just too sweet for me even on pork. The KC one is just a really good Kansas City style sauce. I surprisingly liked it a lot. The Texas one is good too, probably just a little more tangy and less sweet. My favorite is the Carolina sauce. I'd prefer more of a vinegar bite on pulled pork but I feel like this stuff would go well on anything.

local grocery store now sells the larger single bottles..

IMG_4741.JPG

I like that there is no HFCS in these sauces, and will pick some up to try when I see them in a store near me.

Spotted a two-pack of the KC and Memphis sauces at Costco yesterday.

I've been using all 4 of these, and my favorites are, in order:

1. Texas
  2. Kansas City
  3. Memphis
  4. Carolina

IaDO9IO.jpg

It's too bad Sam Jones sold out and didn't make a true eastern NC bbq sauce. I have not seen the sauce he made but I can see it has tomatoes in it.

I picked up the KC and Carolina style last week at our local Giant (they were on sale, 2 for $4), and for $2 a bottle, I'll try almost any sauce.

I tried the Carolina style today on pulled pork. It's OK, but I found it had a bit more of a bite than I care for. I'll stick with my homemade Carolina sauce from now on.

Haven't tried the KC sauce yet, but I'm picking up some CSR and baby backs tomorrow for cooking next weekend, so I'll try it then.

It's too bad Sam Jones sold out and didn't make a true eastern NC bbq sauce. I have not seen the sauce he made but I can see it has tomatoes in it.
It's still a damn good sauce imo, but definitely not a true eastern NC like you said.

For those of you that live in an area with a Publix, they have the full sized bottles of Heinz Pitmaster sauces on BOGO through next Wed. Came out to just under $1.30 a bottle. Can't beat that deal. Have yet to try any of them, but picked up the Texas and Carolina ones today.

I've only been smoking for the past year and don't have a comparison but we found this sample pack early-on at WM, too, and for our household it is perfect because we each prefer a different recipe. At the end of summer we stocked-up on several packs while on clearance for $3. As others have stated, they are also available in larger containers as singles :)

Back