New Grill Brands Want To Take Over Your Backyard, Not So Fast.

I read that article this morning. At least the writer was kind enough to add there are issues/problems with every one of them.

I look at it this way, Weber has earned my business over the years with quality products. So, no reason for
me to switch just for a lower price and unknown quality.

they're only gas grills....
in my mind, a gas grill is simply an outdoor oven.

no place for an outdoor oven on my deck / in my yard / or inside the P1G.

they're only gas grills....
in my mind, a gas grill is simply an outdoor oven.

no place for an outdoor oven on my deck / in my yard / or inside the P1G.

I agree somewhat, but when it's a hundred degrees outside with 30-35 mph gusts and a steady 20 mph wind which happens here a lot and your surrounded by hundreds of square miles of dry grasslands and forest, charcoal is off the table as far a using it goes. A gasser gives us the opportunity to get the heat outside of the house and still enjoy a grilled meal, it's kind of hard to get a decent char with an inside oven too.
Also I don't see the need to fire up a charcoal grill for a ten minute hamburger cook the taste isn't that much different.
But to each his own.

I see what Rich is saying in certain parts of this country conditions drive your grill choice, although I like coal better at times a gasser is my choice. When I have my performer at max, I will use the gasser to do bake potatoes, veggies ,or fruit items that do not impart much coal flavor, leave the meats those items to the coal grill. Or as said for a quick lunch gas is good.

I hear ya Jim. I don't get to use my kettle or WSM near as much as I'd like due to long working hours. This is where the gasser comes in. During the week, Pammi will fire up the Genesis and cook on it. She's used the kettle before, but isn't crazy about it.
And the rare occasions I do get home early enough to grill, it's easier to hit the ignition switch and grill after a long day of fighting traffic and slinging batteries!

Also. we were strolling through Lowe's recently, and I went to look at the new Genesis they had displayed. Pammi said that when mine wears out, I can get a new one. And it would be a Weber!!! She's a keeper!

Rich has some good points
A gasser gives us the opportunity to get the heat outside of the house and still enjoy a grilled meal, it's kind of hard to get a decent char with an inside oven too.
Also I don't see the need to fire up a charcoal grill for a ten minute hamburger cook the taste isn't that much different.
But to each his own.

I own a Genesis (2007) and use it mostly just for Saturday morning breakfast (bacon and hash browns on my Sizzle-Q) and the occasional hamburger. As Rich stated I dont see the reason to fire up charcoal for a 10 minute cook, especially when you are not cooking long enough to really taste the difference.

Rich has some good points

I own a Genesis (2007) and use it mostly just for Saturday morning breakfast (bacon and hash browns on my Sizzle-Q) and the occasional hamburger. As Rich stated I dont see the reason to fire up charcoal for a 10 minute cook, especially when you are not cooking long enough to really taste the difference.

Gassers have there place, and JL seems grumpy the last few posts.;)

a0XP4RTh.jpg

Well as long as your cookin on a Weber outdoors it's all good.
I'm a charcoal guy, but recently have been eyeing up a gasser.
Not for me, but for other members of my household who like to do a quick cook.
OBTW JeffG, nice look in breakfast you have there!

Tim

I see what Rich is saying in certain parts of this country conditions drive your grill choice, although I like coal better at times a gasser is my choice. When I have my performer at max, I will use the gasser to do bake potatoes, veggies ,or fruit items that do not impart much coal flavor, leave the meats those items to the coal grill. Or as said for a quick lunch gas is good.

I agree. I only use the WSM for smoking and a gas grill for everything else. I've seen lots of videos of people smoking, etc, and they all have smaller fenced in yards. I live in farmland. I have over 2 acres and there's not a fence in sight. From my back door I can see over 2 miles (at ground level). If there's a breeze...nothing's stopping it.

Back