New Genesis for 2022 ???

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
I am hearing rumors of an all new Genesis for next year.
All new design, and a price increase to boot.
Anyone here a retailer, or privy to this info?
Can't wait to see a few pics.

I am trying to think what the first year of the Genesis II was. Usually Weber does a revamp after 5 years.

2017 was the first year of Genesis II, I do believe. I guess they would be right on that 5 year generational mark.

Well, then, the rumor might be true. I sure hope the next generation Genesis has a lot better construction and uses stainless steel hardware and stainless for trouble-prone areas. But please keep the porcelain color hoods! All that is probably a lot to wish for, but I agree you can count on the price being higher!

One thing I predict is the use of more black and less gray. I think they were foreshadowing that with the most recent WiFi equipped "smart" grills.

Yah, I am good with more black and less gray. I also understand the rise in prices. Not only do we have real inflation and more than what is being let on by the powers to be, but we also have pent up demand due to Covid. Like boats and campers, people have discovered the great outdoors and are interested in things associated with it.

I also hope that if Weber bumps their prices, that they do as Jon suggests and spend an extra $50 to $100 on a grill and make them much more robust. Simply using stainless bolts and screws costs little but can go a long way in eliminating a lot of the problems that grills deal with.

If the redesign the Summit grill, I would like to see them go to an aluminum cook box as well or at least use some good stainless steel instead of the ceramic coated steel panels.

I think this first move into ‘smart’ grills is a sign Weber knows the gas grill formula needs to be updated. How about a thermostat and servo-controlled valves, for active temperature control?

I think this first move into ‘smart’ grills is a sign Weber knows the gas grill formula needs to be updated. How about a thermostat and servo-controlled valves, for active temperature control?
I can't believe that this hasn't been done yet. There are temp controlled pellet grills, gravity fed charcoal grills, gas ovens, why not gas grills?

I can't believe that this hasn't been done yet. There are temp controlled pellet grills, gravity fed charcoal grills, gas ovens, why not gas grills?
I've always wondered why this hasn't been used on grills yet. Modulating gas valves have been around 25+ years.

I have confirmation from a source that for 2022, Weber is introducing redesigned Genesis gas grills. The name "Genesis II" is being discontinued, as is the old model scheme of E-315, E-335, S-435, etc. in lieu of simply "Genesis 3-Burner" and "Genesis 4-Burner" grills.

Work surfaces are said to be larger but have a slimmer profile. The propane tank has been moved back inside the enclosed cart. The cooking surface consists of a split grate system with a standard cooking grate on one side and a souped-up modular GBS-type system on the other side with a variety of interchangeable cooking surfaces. These grills continue to have a dedicated Sear Station burner and some include Smart Grill technology already featured in some Genesis II and Spirit grills.

Some models include integrated lighting of the grill surface.

No information on colors, pricing, or timing of availability yet.

What's striking to me is that another model year has passed without a revision to Summit gas grills. Maybe something mid-year coming up?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Chris. Sounds interesting at least. I like the idea of moving the GBS part to one side so that it can center over the extra sear burner. I am guessing this grill will look more modern. Like Bruce says, though, what they really need to address is durability and serviceability. Of course that is a grill collector/restorer talking. Most people Weber is aiming for want a nice looking grill, are willing to pay for the Weber name, and have no intention of ever rebuilding or restoring their grill. Use it and toss it.

It will also be interesting to see the impact on resale prices of the Genesis II line. I noticed that the 300 series grills went down when the Genesis II line came out making the 300s look "old."

On the Summit, I can only hope they are holding back for something really earth shattering. Either go way upmarket and make an all 304 stainless grill or go back to a more streamlined and simpler grill with solid build quality - and an all aluminum firebox PLEASE!!!

It's an appliance that for most people, sits outside in the weather all of it's life. First and foremost it needs to be able to successfully survive that for many years. You know, like a Weber grill used to. For what Weber charges I just want durability and longevity.

Back