New Genesis for 2022 ???

On the Summit, I can only hope they are holding back for something really earth shattering. Either go way upmarket and make an all 304 stainless grill or go back to a more streamlined and simpler grill with solid build quality - and an all aluminum firebox PLEASE!!!
Agreed. But Weber's inaction speaks loudly!

Steve, I agree. I am more on functionality than I am on aesthetics. But, the problem is that many if not most customers are all into the Bling thing. They want shine and glitz when they are on the sales floor looking for a new grill. That is who Weber needs to concentrate on in order to compete with the Chinesium tin cans for $299.

And for the record, yes, I know Weber Genesis grills are made in China now.

Weber launches European outdoor grill production in Zabrze, Poland in October​

Weber launches European outdoor grill production in Zabrze, Poland in October
Weber launches European outdoor grill production in Zabrze, Poland in October

Weber-Stephen, the US manufacturer of electric, charcoal and gas barbecues, will start producing outdoor grills in Zabrze, Upper Silesia (Poland) in October 2021. It will commence with the manufacture of charcoal and gas grills, expanding production to cover virtually the company's entire range of outdoor grills in Poland by 2023. The company hopes to gain significant logistical and time advantages from its European hub and aims to cover the bulk of European demand from this plant in the medium term.

The plant in Zabrze is the company's first of its kind in Europe. Weber began charcoal production in Europe in 2016, and the decision to build the plant was taken over two years ago, with construction taking approximately one year to complete. More than 250 people will be employed at the new factory, which will supply markets primarily in Europe but also in the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Roughly 55 million euros have been invested in the venture. Further information on this will be given in the October issue of the diy trade magazine

Last edited:

Back