New Genesis 2022

Oleg Karpu

Note from Moderator: Please see this closely related thread for additional 2022 Genesis gas grill info and photos:

new grill was presented to dealers in moscow

2021-11-24 21.22.22.jpg
2021-11-24 21.25.35.jpg2021-11-24 21.25.42.jpg2021-11-24 21.25.48.jpg2021-11-24 21.41.37.jpg2021-11-24 21.30.03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first leaked photos! Looks like Weber is trying for a more high-tech look and maybe going toward emphasizing the sear burner. That's an interesting turn from when they briefly dropped the sear burner when the Genesis II line first came out.

The built-in electronics are definitely aimed at the changing demographics of their target market. Next it will have a complete touchscreen instead of knobs :D !

It's hard to say from the limited photos, but I don't see any evidence of better build. I am a little dubious about going back to all casters; it does look like those may be sturdier than the old plastic ones. I just hope they are stainless or else they will just be a rust factory.

The cabinet extension on the left throws it off for me. Is it some sort of storage cabinet, or is it intended to hide the plumbing for the side burner? Is that red plastic pan some sort of drip pan? It might not look too bad without that side cabinet. It reminds me of a tool box I had that had the add-on side cabinet.

I just saw one of these at Lowe's. What's the purpose of that steel under the flavorizer bars? It's really weird to stumble across it and there's no info out there.

Last edited:
The one I saw didn't seem to have all the smart grill stuff. If I knew it was that rare I'd have paid more attention. It was branded as a Genesis not Genesis 2. It had stainless side tables and and enclosed cart. The Lowe's guy walked up and said it was the 2022 model.

The one I saw didn't seem to have all the smart grill stuff. If I knew it was that rare I'd have paid more attention. It was branded as a Genesis not Genesis 2. It had stainless side tables and and enclosed cart. The Lowe's guy walked up and said it was the 2022 model.
Dustin,
The one I saw was the same way (Pictures in the “So this is the new Genesis” thread). I think we are seeing the very first rollouts of a “base” model lacking the built-in electronics. Probably aimed at guys like a lot of us. Doesn’t look any here are biting😲.

For Weber’s sake, I hope the millennial target market will go for it🧐.

Back