New addition to the family - she's 22.5"

Miguel M

TVWBB Pro
Back in early December I placed an order for a new WSM 22.5" from BBQs Galore. I stipulated that I wouldn't take delivery unless it were a new 2014 with grommet. They called their warehouse and arranged for the special order with Weber. After multiple calls and 7 weeks of waiting, they said that the new smokers were in still in production and they couldn't confirm a delivery date. I went to the store the next day and did a charge back. That same week I ordered one from AMZN and it was delivered in two days.

Here she is, my newbie

I did some mods. Added dollies to the legs and wired the charcoal ring to the grate (not pictured)

As hard as I tried to manipulate the door, the fit sucked.

Here she is.

First cook and the reason I sold my 18"...BBs. Simply seasoned for the family and HDD ribs for me.

After foiling

I forgot to snap shots of the BBs plated, but they were good. Anyhoo, I closed all the vents, but the charcoal continued to burn. Everything! The next day, there was nothing but ash! I blame it on the door, so I ordered a CB ss door. I'm using it today, so stay tuned...

Thanks. It took several cooks to season my 18.5", so I'm being patient. BTW, when I foiled my ribs they had a nice color. There must have been residual chunks in the ring that turned them darker.

Back