New 14.5 WSM - $139 - Free Shipping

Tempting.......Wonder where he got 4 new ones from?
I'm guessing Walmart clearance last year.
No seller feedback, but I think eBay has a better buyer protection plan than a few years ago.
They may get sticker shock when they go to ship them.

I'm guessing Walmart clearance last year.
No seller feedback, but I think eBay has a better buyer protection plan than a few years ago.

You never know, you know. I bought mine on eBay - similar deal, rather unknown seller & it was drop-shipped from a Home Depot in Chicago.
I registered it with Weber.

Last edited:
I think eBay has a better buyer protection plan than a few years ago.

Ebay and Paypal really protect the buyer. Most of my Paypal transactions are paid two weeks after the order is placed, they call it pay after delivery.
Sticker shock for sure.

Welp.... I bought the last one. Not that I needed it. Got a notice that it had been shipped. At any rate.... got an e-mail this am from eBay that the sellers account had been hacked, so they cancelled the transaction & reversed the charges. Checked on my eBay & that was correct. Checked my PayPal account & the charges had been reversed there also. Figured I was going to get a shoe box full of rocks or something. UPS delivered the 14.5 2 hours ago!!!

It was "sold" by Home Depot in Phoenix & drop shipped from Ontario, CA.

I wonder what's going to happen now?

Thanks. Seems to me I didn't pay anyone anything so far.

What's next?

Up to you, I guess. This is why triangulation fraud is tricky, because PayPal is left holding the bag, unless they reverse the charge from Home Depot. Since you already got your money back, you could wait around or call and see if Home Depot wants it sent back.

Up to you, I guess. This is why triangulation fraud is tricky, because PayPal is left holding the bag, unless they reverse the charge from Home Depot. Since you already got your money back, you could wait around or call and see if Home Depot wants it sent back.

Well... the seller contacted me via PayPal requesting payment. I called eBay. Told them the story. As far as they are concerned the transaction was cancelled & I owe nothing. I talked with PayPal, told them the story & they said go ahead & pay. This took a lot of time on the phone. As far as I'm concerned..... I'm just going to pay him. Am not about to deal with another bureaucracy, voice recognition software posing as a telephone operator that doesn't work, and ad nauseam.

I'm not sure that this is a case of fraud. eBay & PayPal don't seem to be concerned.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that this is a case of fraud. eBay & PayPal don't seem to be concerned.

eBay cancelled the transaction because the account was hacked, but the "seller" still contacted you via PayPal to request payment? Isn't that just A LITTLE fishy? Why don't you ask the "seller" about the eBay account? Or, most likely, the "seller" hacked the account, listed the item, but used his PayPal account to receive payment

eBay cancelled the transaction because the account was hacked, but the "seller" still contacted you via PayPal to request payment? Isn't that just A LITTLE fishy? Why don't you ask the "seller" about the eBay account? Or, most likely, the "seller" hacked the account, listed the item, but used his PayPal account to receive payment

I sent the seller an e-mail. It's the same person whose eBay account was hacked.

I've done all I'm going to do.

Last edited:
I sent the seller an e-mail. It's the same person whose eBay account was hacked.

I've done all I'm going to do.

I've dealt with eBay fraud / hacked accounts before. Make sure you are talking with the owner of the account and not the hacker by confirming with eBay whether or not any contact info was changed (might now reflects the hacker's contact info) if you haven't already.

I've dealt with eBay fraud / hacked accounts before. Make sure you are talking with the owner of the account and not the hacker by confirming with eBay whether or not any contact info was changed (might now reflects the hacker's contact info) if you haven't already.

That's not going to happen. Like I wrote "I've done all I'm going to do".

Back