Need original 14" WSM shipping box

Donna Fong

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi there everyone. I am in need of an original 14" WSM shipping box. Why? I'd like to compete in another state and would like to check-in my 14" WSM, along with my luggage. I'd be happy to pay for the box and for the shipment to northern California. Yes, I intend on cooking all four meats in a 14". Did it for Lancaster a few years back and had lots of fun. Thank you.

Darn Donna, I put mine, with all packing material, out with the trash last week.
It had been in the garage since last year.
Hopefully another member has one for you.

Last edited:
Time to build one if you plan on doing this more often.

You're right. I'm not sure how often I will but I'd have to build something that could withstand abuse from the airlines. So a wooden box wouldn't make it.

So actually, this is for Harry. I have a 14" up here in Alameda and I have another one at his place in Diamond Bar. They both belong to me. He's got a makeshift tamale pot as well. I've got a box for my 14" up here but no box for the 14" one down there. And he wants us to travel to Texas to compete against each other in August. Two 14" WSMs in big ole Texas. We will be laughing stocks. This is his idea. I just need a box to make this happen and don't want to use anything other than original packaging as my 14" are quite precious to me.

If all else fails and you don't find one, head to the UPS Store (or suitable substitute) and have them fix something up for you.

You could probably buy a new one for not too much more than what it would cost to make a box or pay a UPS or FedEx store. You could then use the box for your seasoned precious one and take your time seasoning the new one and have a spare. As you know, you can never have too many Webers.

Another way to look at it is when you consider the value of your time and the dollars spent on hotels, airline tickets, meals, meat, entry fees, etc, whats a couple of hundred spent on another 14", especially if you can get one on a special. Plus you would also end up with a spare.

Edit: If you did not want or need a spare 14", you could assemble it and sell it on Craigslist for near or as much as you paid for it, especially if you threw in a couple of bottles of your or Harry's rub. I am sure there is someone out there who would appreciate buying a new assembled 14" from a famous pitmaster. I would love to be able to say, "Wow, I got my WSM from Donna Fong".

Or, call the Weber marketing dept (not sales). You may know someone there and if not, they probably know who you are. With all of the promotion and free advertising you give Weber, they may even ship a box and packaging material to you.

Last edited:
You could probably buy a new one for not too much more than what it would cost to make a box or pay a UPS or FedEx store. You could then use the box for your seasoned precious one and take your time seasoning the new one and have a spare. As you know, you can never have too many Webers.

Another way to look at it is when you consider the value of your time and the dollars spent on hotels, airline tickets, meals, meat, entry fees, etc, whats a couple of hundred spent on another 14", especially if you can get one on a special. Plus you would also end up with a spare.

Edit: If you did not want or need a spare 14", you could assemble it and sell it on Craigslist for near or as much as you paid for it, especially if you threw in a couple of bottles of your or Harry's rub. I am sure there is someone out there who would appreciate buying a new assembled 14" from a famous pitmaster. I would love to be able to say, "Wow, I got my WSM from Donna Fong".

Or, call the Weber marketing dept (not sales). You may know someone there and if not, they probably know who you are. With all of the promotion and free advertising you give Weber, they may even ship a box and packaging material to you.

Well, I don't really think anyone thinks I'm all that. Just seems like a lot of trouble for one contest. I will keep trying. Thank you!

Back