Need a little help with a pork butt

This is what I would recommend, too.
My 20 year old daughter, who is out living her best life as an adult, asked me point blank the other day: "Do you have any of those bags of pork left in your freezer? We're out, and really want some more".
Of course I do. When you fire up the 22" WSM, you don't just do 1 butt, you smoke as many as you can!
She went home with 6 one-pound bags.

My plan is to do about a third each of pork steaks, 3 lbs. to grind and 3 pounds for pulled pork. If I have to trim out too much I'll skip the pulled pork and get a 3 or 4 pounder for that
Rich,
Why not take it to Safeway where Barb works and get the to cut it up for you for little to no cost?

Rich,
Why not take it to Safeway where Barb works and get the to cut it up for you for little to no cost?
Can't, the meat dept. has a very strict policy the only meat they cut is their own meat bought in that store. They don't want their saws, grinders etc. getting possibly contaminated.

Got a weird request, I have a nine pound Pork shoulder roast that’s been lurking in our freezer for quite some time and the reason I haven’t cooked it is its too big for just Barb and I. So what I would like to do is cut into to three roasts so I can do a couple of different cooks with it.
Here’s the weird part I have a sawzall and a new blade I can sterilize. I was thinking of doing a partial thaw and cutting it into three pieces and refreeze two of the three and doing some pulled pork with the other.
I’m open to other options so let me know what you think.
I think your post is just a clever attempt to get us to aid and abet you as a serial killer. ;)

Cook it
It's not that much meat after you cook it.....4-5 lbs

My wife and I will eat half of that in two or three days and then freeze the rest and 8 oz vacuum sealed portions

Seriously, not much meat, just cook it and freeze leftovers. Freezes and reheats great.

I think your post is just a clever attempt to get us to aid and abet you as a serial killer. ;)
Sorry I'm late getting back to you I was busy last night digging a big hole in my back yard. Had to do it at night so my nosey neighbors woudn't see me digging again. Serial killer what makes you think that and that big bag of lime I bought you can use that for all kinds of things.

Back