Names Jose.. I think I’m an addic...

Jose Robles

TVWBB Member
So I recently bought an 18.5 wsm and a genesis 1000 to restore not to long ago. Well today I just added a 22.5 wsm which I picked up for $100 and a genesis 1000 ng for $25 which is in better condition than my lp project. Going to switch some parts for my rehab and then sell the ng.

The wife gave me the stink eye when she walked in the garage lol. Guess I won’t have an allowance for the next two months but it’s worth it. I can’t help myself lol... think I’m going to sell the 18.5 wsm thou

n5JpmJY.jpg

xLv2Zd9.jpg

Jose, it's called Weberitis, most of us have it. I bought my first Weber a little over two years ago, now I have all these.

Nice! But there really isn't a way to stop. Just go with it!
BTW, I have a Genesis E310, 18.5" WSM, an upgraded 22" OTS and 2 SJs! I really don't have room is why I only have 5! :p
And I have a buddy with 5 bicycles. When he asks me why I have so many grills, I ask how he rides more than one bike at a time! :cool:

Jose, there is no cure, only acceptance.
You have nothing to be ashamed of, this is how grownups find new hobbies for many it’s the most rewarding one, it’s one of my most pleasurable pastimes. Increase your knowledge as you increase equipment.
Think of it this way,
You would have a really hard time building a house with nothing more than a hammer and screwdriver, you’d still need the right tool for the specific job. They are all tools and until you pass five, you are not really an addict but a very serious “aficionado” so, you’re cool, keep the 18, no one ever failed from having extra space or tools.
Feed your wife fabulous grilled feasts and she will lose the “Stink eye” and wait anxiously for your next project. I used to get a little bit of that too but, the weekly family dinner with my wife’s son, spouse and the grand children are always happy when they get here with the grill (grills) or, smoker working away. It’s good to have an appreciative audience.

Jose, very nice collection. Like Rich put in the pic of our line up, no more room period. ;) Until the next great deal.

There’s this concept called “price equalization” which basically says, if you spend a hundred on toys for yourself you spend an equal amount on your wife. This seems to come to a head around deer season here in Michigan. Back in my jewelry selling days I found out when quite a few husbands bought new guns, or significant hunting expenses. November was good for jewelry sales. Well, it seemed to be for me anyway.

There’s this concept called “price equalization” which basically says, if you spend a hundred on toys for yourself you spend an equal amount on your wife. This seems to come to a head around deer season here in Michigan. Back in my jewelry selling days I found out when quite a few husbands bought new guns, or significant hunting expenses. November was good for jewelry sales. Well, it seemed to be for me anyway.

Been there done that many times.:rolleyes:

I have a long way to go compared to your guys collection... Showed the wife this post and she was like glad your not the only one haha. Soooo today I finished my :redgenesis1: project with the exception of staining... Was planning on keeping her but at around 8 pm I seen this gem posted for 40... ended up getting it for 25... score!!! I already found a cart for it which I’ll pick up tomorrow. My wife addiction is makeup, I bought her a pallet on Sunday.. funny how that works... happy wife happy life

CR0PdtK.jpg

U

Last edited:

Back