My "new" to me toy

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yesterday I got a call from Angel D. A member here telling me about a weber genesis on CL. I called right away and the guy said come and get it. Only $150. Perfect condition.

The guy was moving out of state and didn't want to take it with him.

He told me used it 2-3 times. I said ok.
When I got it home he wasn't kidding.

There's no need to do a deep clean beucase it's practically new.

I don't know if it works. Still in my garage and need to make room in my patio. But will definitely use it this weekend.

Nice gasser, congrats. So how does that fuel gauge work? LOL
The future model will let you check your tank level from the Weber app. So if you're at the grocery, you can check to see if you need more propane. OK so I made that up, but wouldn't that be cool!!

Congrats Tony. Beautiful new piece. No tragedy if it does not work, I can see that you have enough Kingsford in stock;)

Great score Tony that's a nice E310! I picked up an E320 NG off of CL about a month and a half ago and just love it.
It appears the weak link on these is corrosion on the bottom plates where the bottle sits. If you're going to store it on concrete I would strongly suggest you get a mat to park it on to create a vapor barrier as the moisture coming out of concrete is very corrosive because of the lime and other chemicals in it. It wasn’t a problem with the earlier Genesis models because there wasn't any sheet metal close to the ground.
Looking forward to hear what you think of it.

Tony great score on a great grill. I have this same model and you shall love it.
Now for two things the gauge as you see it now the red indicator is down on the bottom and the bottle picture is black or empty when you put a full bottle on the hook it will drive the red bar up towards the more full yellow picture.
Now I had corrosion on my bottom panel it unbolts with six bolts very easy.
I bought a kit from Amazon of POR-15
Corrosion stop. I cleaned sanded then coated it por is black repainted silver reinstalled will never rust again.
Buy a mat for the grill and that also helps slow down the corrision.
So start cooking and take a lot of photos.
Kevin.

That's a great find, Tony. Having a gasser standing by has been a welcome thing for me at times. Looks like you stocked up during the last Kingsford sale as well. Happy grilling'.

Back