My new CL find turned into a real winner!!!

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
A few weeks back I found a CL listing for a 21" for eighty bucks about an hour away. The picture wasn't the best, but the description said it was only used a few times, and it had to go because they were moving. I gave it a shot, and they still had it, so I told them I'll take it. I was asked if it'd be alright if I could wait two weeks to pick it up. Not a problem I told them, and we set up a date and time. So the day came and we made the trek north. I got to the house and was taken around back where the grill was. I took one look at it and my jaw dropped. I was standing in front of an almost new 26"! I told them that this wasn't a 21" grill, and it was worth more than eighty bucks. I offered them more money but they wouldn't take it. So I loaded it into the back of the car with a huge smile on my face. Not done yet, they also gave me two full bags of charcoal to boot. Talk about a great day, I'm still smiling from ear to ear.

Here is a picture of my lineup less the 18" that has taken up residence at the Veterans Center.
ry%3D480

I've seen pictures of the 26, but never saw one next to the 21. It's huge!! I'm going to fire this bad dog up this weekend making chicken, baked beans, potatoes, brussels sprouts, and maybe even some Jalapeno beer cheese bread.

Congrats on a great find. And you showed a lot of class by telling them what it really was and offering more money. You definitely deserve that bad boy. Congrats. From the picture, it looks like everything else is on wheels. Are you going to do something about that for the 26? Could be an interesting project.

Great find, Mark. I respect that you told them that it was a 26".

What is that tiny little red grill in your photo? Is it a toy, or is it really a working grill? Don't know why, but I'm fascinated with that!

Great find, Mark. I respect that you told them that it was a 26".

What is that tiny little red grill in your photo? Is it a toy, or is it really a working grill? Don't know why, but I'm fascinated with that!

It's a toy Weber grill a friend of mine got me a few years back. It is like the old grills with the lid clip. It's great for cookouts, I put it on my rolling cart, and fill it with nuts.

And thanks everyone for the kind words, I'd never feel right about grilling on the 26 if I didn't tell them what it was, and how much it was worth. Now I can grill away without worrying about bad barbecuing karma.

Now for the wheel mod. I never thought about it, but I wonder if a replacement Performer wheel with the lock would work on the front leg. You guys all know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow a 26" for 80 bucks, with and an honest buyer, great cooks will be coming off this grill.

Nice find Mark. Still trolling CL Houston for my 21er.........Oops, I meant 26er.

Mark, that is one awesome deal you got. Congrats and looking forward to seeing some cooks on it.

Nice pickup! I'll wager that you are going to love that 26'er. WRT wheels, you might consider turning it into a MiniRanchKettle http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?64026-Mini-Ranch-Kettle-build-complete

Oh, btw, love the cart the SJ is sitting on, can you give me any info on it ?

I found that utility cart as Sam's Club a few years ago. It's an outstanding grill cart.

I'm going to do a bunch of chicken thighs and baked beans tonight on the 26. That with some good beer bread and mushrooms peppers and onions on the other grills.

Tremendous find Mark. Admire you're honesty by being up front with them. They'll know us Weber folks are stand up people. Seriously.

Back