My fat frame Genesis ready for the powdercoater.

Jeff's work is top notch from what I have seen, so I would be hopeful it is just where the part was held to set it up for a picture. I think it would be concealed on installation anyway.

Jeff sent me 2 more pictures, it's coming along, a quote from Jeff.
Good morning Mark. I've got the lid fired in base coat. Next step apply black on the underside and blue on the outside.
1000007672.jpg1000007673.jpg

Excuse my ignorance..... but isn't the INSIDE of the lid the same as the OUTSIDE on the colored porcelain lids???? Did they come black inside and colored out from the factory? I haven't run across too many colored lids myself to know.

Why you would specify BLACK inside and a different color outside seems silly to me and would only lead to added cost.......

Excuse my ignorance..... but isn't the INSIDE of the lid the same as the OUTSIDE on the colored porcelain lids???? Did they come black inside and colored out from the factory? I haven't run across too many colored lids myself to know.

Why you would specify BLACK inside and a different color outside seems silly to me and would only lead to added cost.......
Yes colored lids are black on the inside

Well then.... that just seems to be a whole new level of OCD and cost that I'm glad I've never fallen into......
Who cares what the inside color is if its gonna be gunked up anyways......
More power to you for doing it 'right'.

Back