My fat frame Genesis ready for the powdercoater.

It just says a shipping label has been created.
No, I don't think the lid has actually left the porcelain factory.
So I guess technically it ain't shipped yet.

I know it can be a little trying waiting on something. I think everything shows that Jeff is a great craftsman. Better to wait and get the best than a quick delivery of a substandard product. Because he is so good, he is also swamped!

I am having a similar issue trying to get a special handle for my CharQ. He has had some challenges lately, but I do know Brian will make it all good with a first-class custom wood handle.

Now here's hoping it's not moving with USPS, or you may not get it as all or it may be unrecognizable. Oh I just noticed, UPS. You should be good then.

The lid on the other hand.
Will be going back for a do over, a small imperfection close the the Weber name plate😪
View attachment 99791View attachment 99793
Mark does the blue look flatter and smoother in person? I promised myself I wouldn't say anything but I can't help it. I know not all weber lids are free of some orange peel effect but it looks quite prominent here? I just don't want you to settle for something you shouldn't.

The Weber name plate misses the bad spot by a inch and a 1/4.
I've asked myself countless time if I'm just being picky, I don't think I am, my wife noticed it right off.
But, she knew there was a bad spot from me so she was looking for it, took her 2 seconds.
I wish a Weberaholic could see it and give me their opinion.
Bruce, I'm bringing it down 😆
Josh, the orange peal affect is not a issue, there is none.
Ok, there might be a little but even a Weber original has more orange peal.

Last edited:

Back