My fat frame Genesis ready for the powdercoater.

The orange peel is all in the lighting and angle. Here are a couple photos of a grill I just listed. I think every lid has a very slight orange peel texture but it can only be seen at certain angles/lighting.
1726101906259.png
1726101970367.png

As the only similarity for auto paint and porcelain, the darker colors show more orange peel than the lighter colors caused by the reflection and the lighting. Artificial lighting (especially fluorescent) amplifies the look of the orange peel.

That almost looks like it may have been a slight defect in the metal itself. Again, though just guessing from photos. Another thing I think I would worry about is the possibility if could get damaged shipping or the new finish maybe worse? Though worse is kind of a weird thing to say about something looks that wonderful to begin with

Mark, There is a limit, although it is different for each person. I am not sure I would go through the whole undertaking of arguing with Jeff, returning, etc. But I don’t have to look at it every day.

Well, I know Mark intends to make this a "Museum" piece and not ever cook on it. If he was going to cook on it, I imagine a little dirt, grease and crud would blend that defect in pretty quick.

Mark, There is a limit, although it is different for each person. I am not sure I would go through the whole undertaking of arguing with Jeff, returning, etc. But I don’t have to look at it every day.
Jeff and did not argue about the lids bad spot.
He was more than happy to have me send the lid back on his expense.
I said to Jeff I would hand deliver the lid to him.
He was looking forward to us finally meeting each other.
Now, I'm having second thoughts on have anything done to the lid.
I guess it's just a frickin propane grill, I guess if it was a Bentley car I should be concerned.

Back