My Best SLS to Date

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
It's taken me awhile, we've eaten a few so so ribs and some before I was a member that were no no ribs. I read somewhere the more you do them the better you get at making them. I think they're right. I spent last Saturday making some ribs we thought would be for Sunday football, well, not so much :)
I started out with the bahemouth 22" WSM. I got it fired up and knocked the dust off and gave it a go. I seasoned the ribs with some outlaw rub from a local comp Qer. We like it. Here's the slab trimmed and rubbed and up to room temp.

Onto the smoker. The temps went between 270 & 285. I haven't done very many cooks on it and think it will take some time for the crud to build up. I used a water pan foiled on the bottom and water in it.

I spritzed some apple juice on about every 30-45 mins.

After about 3 hours I wrapped in foil with some butter turbinado sugar and apple juice and back on for about another hour.

I polled them after a short baste with some SBR's sweet n spicy and let them rest a bit.

Here's some luvin all cut up on a plate.

And wait for it....wait for it...and BOOM SHACKALACKA!!

Toni made up some slaw and I darn near broke my arm...patting myself on the back. Needless to say, these didn't make last but a few moments. I coulda swore we we going to save some for Sunday football. It looks like some little girls may have snuck off with a few.

Yeah these were very good and Toni and I really enjoyed them. Thanks for lookin at my cookin :)

oh man, you knocked this rib cook out of the park. great color, love the ring and the texture of the crust. ohhhhh. so nice. fantastic rib cook partner. I want the plate w/ the beer and slaw plz. milk on side. :wsm:

Rib perfection my friend!
I must admit too, before joining TVWBB my ribs were pretty much hit or miss, and even now they seldom turn out looking as nice as yours.

Back